ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child dependant visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajithmkumar
Newly Registered

Child dependant visa

Post by ajithmkumar » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:48 pm

This is my second marriage( June 2018). My husband is a British citizen and I got my visa as his dependant in December 2018. I went to UK for a month and came back to India. I also secured a job in UK which starts in June 2019. My daughter from my previous marriage lives with me and I have her custody.

While applying for her visa now to take her along with me in June, I am filling the visa application. Who will her sponsor be. Me or my husband? Because he has been my sponsor will my husband be my daughter’s sponsor as well or will I be her sponsor?

Kindly help me regarding this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child dependant visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:56 pm

Who will her sponsor be. Me or my husband?
Your husband.
Because he has been my sponsor will my husband be my daughter’s sponsor as well
Yes.
or will I be her sponsor?
No.

What evidence of sole responsibility do you have for the child?? Does your ex husband have joint custody with you?

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ajithmkumar
Newly Registered

Post by ajithmkumar » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:09 pm

Thank you for replying! I have full physical custody but I share the legal custody with ex husband.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:28 pm

Then you don't have sole responsibility.

Please read the link I provided carefully to see what HO requirements are in terms of documentation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.