ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student--> Tier 1 vs. WP-->Tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

basahin
Newly Registered

Student--> Tier 1 vs. WP-->Tier 1

Post by basahin » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 pm

I just wonder if there is any difference in processing times for WP--> Tier 1 applications and Student-->Tier 1 applications... I have been waiting since 6 weeks...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:44 pm

Wait for another 4 weeks and you will know for sure.

Both cases are initial entry (switch) to Tier 1, so the team handling both cases should be the same. I believe there're two teams - one handling initial entry (switching) cases, and the others handling extension cases (e.g.- HSMP *visa holders* in UK applying for extension). But who knows I might be wrong!

It is a different story though that 10 weeks is a standard reply for everyone.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

basahin
Newly Registered

Post by basahin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:16 pm

Thanks!!

but the paper I have received says that I can call them after 28 days about any enquiries... such a contradiction!

imran99132

Post by imran99132 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:41 pm

I think you can call them and ask about the progress of your application. you are right, the acknowlegement letter says that wait for 28 days before contacting BIA for application progress. I am not sure but someone told me that you can track your application on the VFS website.

basahin
Newly Registered

Post by basahin » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:46 pm

I have checked VFS. I guess it is only for visa applications, if you call them they always tell you the 10 week rule...