ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Service Biometrics Reminder Letter Question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lh101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

New Service Biometrics Reminder Letter Question

Post by lh101 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I applied for my ILR (Set LR) on the 6th of Feb (previous permit expired 10th Feb) through the new service as a standard application. When I applied, the "Next Steps" page told me I had till the 10th of April to submit my documents and bio-metrics. I had originally booked an appointment for the 1st of March but decided to change as I wanted to include more supporting documents (not mandatory ones admittedly) which were not yet ready. I eventually booked the appointment for the 14th, as that was the only free day close to my home.

However, the reminder letter, which is dated 2nd of March, told me I had just 10 working days to enroll my biometrics and submit my documents. If we go by the normal definition of working days, I luckily beat the new deadline by one day but I am a little worried as the HO essentially gave me conflicting information. My questions are as follows:

1. Do you think the Home Office meant I had 10 working days to book an appointment as long as it before the 10th of April, or was it 10 working days to submit all my documents?

2. Why would the HO give conflicting information i.e to say on the website (after payment), that I had till the 10th of April, but then send me a letter saying I have till the 15th of March (if indeed they really meant to submit the docus and do biometrics by then) or my application is invalid?

3. Lastly, will the fact that I submitted 1 day to the presumed new deadline have any effect on how my application is viewed and potentially, the decision they make?

I realize this may indeed be a non-issue and I might be looking for things to worry about, but seeing this discrepancy and reading about a lot of issues others have faced (for very trivial things), I am just seeking peace of mind. Any answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.