ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr due to exceptional circumstances

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

John200101
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ilr due to exceptional circumstances

Post by John200101 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Could someone please enlighten me on this as I'm doing this for a family member.
She has 5 children and 2 born in the uk age ( 4 and 3) all living and schooling in the uk currently. She is single and applied for asylum. She was granted discretionary leave. She is nearly finishing her second 2.5 years. Could she apply for ilr outside the rules as she has a medical condition which isn't changing for about 10 year, her daughter is deaf and attends special needs school and her son also has medical issues. She currently has a British partner which she's been together with for two years. She is meant to spend 10 years on discretionary leave before she's eligible for ilr but my question is,
Could she apply after she's spent six year due to her exceptional circumstances with all her children? Will it be refused and she to continue her dlr?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ilr due to exceptional circumstances

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:38 pm

If she is on the 10 year route to ILR, then that is what she has to stick to. There is no shortcut or ILR 'outside the immigration rules'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.