ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on FPN / warning

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Winnie271
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Question on FPN / warning

Post by Winnie271 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm preparing my ILR application and have done loads of reading here. Wondering if anyone can share your experience on this?
I was fined at the custom once for bringing some personal purchase that was over the limit (£390 of purchase). The goods were not seized and I paid the VAT fine and the VAT itself. I got a piece of paper saying warning on there simplying saying don't do this again from the customs officer. They also said this won't affect my visa application unless I do this again.

Do I need to disclose this on my ILR application as it asks for "cautions (simple or conditional), warnings"? my understanding is these are given by police which goes on criminal record and in my case it isn't? And it's also not an FPN?

I have been googling a lot online but still not 100% sure. I don't mind to include it on there but also worried if that will affect my application too.

Any advice would be really appreciated. Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Question on FPN / warning

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:28 am

Do I need to disclose this on my ILR application as it asks for "cautions (simple or conditional), warnings"? my understanding is these are given by police which goes on criminal record and in my case it isn't? And it's also not an FPN?
Your understanding is correct. No need to declare anything
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice