ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visa for graduation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tmuch
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Family visa for graduation

Post by Tmuch » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:30 am

Hello

I am new here so please bare with me, I permanently live in the UK and have just finished my degree.

I want to apply for my mum (40), and son (6) to come for my graduation, at least 10 days. They both live in Zimbabwe. My mom does not work due to taking care of my son therefore I send her money every month. And my son is in school now.

I am planning to book a hotel for some days but she will as well come to my house later.
My worry is, I only have a water bill and TV licence and obviously letter in my name.

Can you please advise me before I apply.
I really appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family visa for graduation

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:35 am

What evidence of strong ties to home country (social, employment, income, property, savings, etc etc) will she submit to convince an ECO that she is a genuine visitor and will leave the UK??

If you support her financially, this will weaken her application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.