ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Check list

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gixerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Wife from Belarus

Post by Gixerman » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:26 pm

I am engaged to my Belarusian girlfriend. She is aged 40 with 2 dependent children aged 15 and 17. Time is a little tight since the 17 year-old turns 18 in June.

We plan to marry in Denmark in either March or April. As soon as my decree absolute from my divorce (previous marriage) comes through we will then forward the paperwork through and book the wedding. Is it best to use an agency for this or is it s simple enough task on its own?

She takes her English-speaking exam in 1 week’s time and we are confident of her passing that. Thereafter the TB tests will follow for all 3 of them. I meet the financial standards applicable for a spouse plus 2 dependent children. I am a homeowner with sufficient space to accommodate them all here.

So, her VISA application will be for a spousal VISA and her 2 daughters dependents VISA’s – have I got that right? We will provide a signed statement from the biological father that he consents to them leaving the country.

I have a number of questions concerning this endeavor:

1. Is an agent/lawyer essential for this process or can it be done by taking advice and being diligent with the completion itself? We have been in a relationship for 3 ½ years and had family vacations and meetings. All this can be extensively evidenced by VISA stamps, flights, photographs, records of communications etc.

2. Do dependents VISA application only have to commence prior to an 18th birthday or do they have to be decided upon before that age?

3. I understand that the application has to be made from outside the U.K. but on the website it says that the sponsor can complete the application if the person(s) applying don’t have access to a computer. In practice, how is this done? Is it possible for me to physically take the supporting documents to the processing location in the U.K?

4. Is it possible to pay for VISA fees here in the U.K. on behalf of my spouse and her dependents? This would be much easier and avoid the currency conversion costs which are significant.

Any help gratefully received.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wife from Belarus

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:13 pm

1. No agent/lawyer needed. It will only leave you poorer. Lots of free advice on the forum.

2. Ideally the sooner the better for the almost 18 year old as once she turns 18, it will be very very difficult to bring her. But it should be applied and paid way before she turns 18.

3. No you cannot physically take it to the processing centre. The online form will tell you what to do and where to send what documents etc. She has to submit a printed form of the online form and present certain docs at the application centre abroad. If the supporting documents need to go to Sheffield, they must be posted.

4. Probably but you will be charged the local currency of the application country based on the oanda.com rates. So you need 3 x £1533 visa fees PLUS 3 x £1,200 Immigration health surcharge.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Does your fiancee have legal proof of sole custody :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Casa wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:16 pm
Does your fiancee have legal proof of sole custody :?:
Oh yes, that too.

See link below on Sole Responsibility and evidence required.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Blighty
United Kingdom

Post by Blighty » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:37 pm

There is a thread relating to Belarus at immigration-for-family-members/spouse-v ... 38-40.html

My Ukrainian wife recently took 31 working weeks with non-priority to get her spouse visa. This was due to her previous marriage and regularly visiting her family in Crimea.

TLScontact in Minsk appears to scan at the visa centre - see https://uk.tlscontact.com/by/msq/page.php?pid=procedure

I completed the visa process myself, on behalf of my wife. The TLScontact staff were helpful in Kyiv during the entire process. Let me know if your need anu advice. Good luck,

Gixerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Gixerman » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:19 am

Ok, update.

English exam passed and we're now making the arrangements for the wedding.

Still not clear on one point. For the 17-year-old daughter. If the Visa application is submitted before her 18th Birthday is that sufficient? What I am getting at here is that in all probability she will gave turned 18 by the time the Visa is still being processed. We will submit the application in April but she turns 18 end of June.

Can anyone answer this please?

Gixerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spousal VISA, Belarus

Post by Gixerman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:50 pm

Dear Members,

In April I will marry my Belarusian fiance and our intention is then to make a spousal VISA application and X2 dependents applications for her children, aged 16 and 17.

1. Is it possible for me to open the online applications for all of them here in the U.K. and complete them? If yes, can anyone provide a link?

2. Can I make the required payment online to the VISA processing site or would that need to be done in Minsk?

3. My fiance wants to start collection of the required for both her and her children. So far, English IELTS test passed. TB certificates for all them done and obtained. Sole parental responsibility obtained and signed plus apostille documents. What else does she physically need to obtain?

Thanks so much all,

Gixerman
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Check list

Post by Gixerman » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:34 pm

I am applying for a spousal VISA for my soon to be Belarusian wife and her 2 dependent children.

1. The older of the 2 children will be 17 at the time of application but in all probability will turn 18 before a decision is reached. Does this in itself lead to a rejection of the application or is the essential part younger than 18 at time of application?

2. Could do with some advice on a document checklist for their applications. So far, Sole parental responsibility documents completed, translated and countersigned by lawyers, teachers and doctors. . TB tests done. Birth certificates obtained.

Is there anything else?