ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rehmatkarim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Registration of child as British Citizen

Post by rehmatkarim » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:26 pm

Hi,

I have recently received my British citizenship through TIER 2 general route. My wife and daughter(who is 7 years old and born abroad) are due for ILR as my dependents as they have spent 5 years in UK. I want to apply for my wife's ILR and once she is granted ILR, I am thinking about registering my child as British citizen instead of applying for her ILR. There is discretionary rule according to section 3(1) according to which I am able to do this.
I just want to confirm if someone has done this before and what are the chances of my daughter getting registered as a British citizen. I will be very thankful if someone can share their experience if they have already gone through this route. Thanks.

Regards,

Karim

rehmatkarim
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

MN1 for child born abroad

Post by rehmatkarim » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 pm

Hi,
I have gone through this process few month ago in 2018 and used MN1 form to register my children as BC, apologies yes its registration for children.

I wonder if you have experience

I have recently received my British citizenship through TIER 2 general route. My wife and daughter(who is 7 years old and born abroad) are due for ILR as my dependents as they have spent 5 years in UK. I want to apply for my wife's ILR and once she is granted ILR, I am thinking about registering my child as British citizen instead of applying for her ILR. There is discretionary rule according to section 3(1) according to which I am able to do this.
I just want to confirm if someone has done this before and what are the chances of my daughter getting registered as a British citizen. Thanks