ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Succesful Spouse Visa Application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jhall89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

FLR (M) 2 year living advice

Post by jhall89 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am

Hi all,

First time poster in need of some helpful advice if possible!

We are applying for the FLR (M) unmarried partner visa next April and have a question about the 2 year living together requirement.

I am a UK citizen , my partner is a Canadian on a Tier 5 YMS visa, she arrived in the UK on April 12th 2017 and the visa expires on April 10th 2019. We have been living together since she moved into the country on on April 12th 2017. We have documentation showing this and have bills etc in our joint names. We are planning on having a premium service appointment on the 8th of April a couple of days before the visa expires, this will leave us days short of the 2 year requirement.

We tick every other box that the home office requires, I own the house that we live in (mortgaged) and have done the whole duration that she has been here, my partner is a teaching assistant and we have a combined household income of over £50k so meet the income requirement.

We met in university in the USA in 2015, I then moved home in Jan 2016 for family reasons, we continued a long distance relationship visiting each other in Canada and UK until she moved here in 2017.

Does anyone know what are our chances of a successful application despite being a few days short of the 2 year requirement? I am incredibly stressed about this, and any advice would be massively appreciated, thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) 2 year living advice

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:10 am

jhall89 wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:52 am

Does anyone know what are our chances of a successful application despite being a few days short of the 2 year requirement? I am incredibly stressed about this, and any advice would be massively appreciated, thank you!
I will depend on caseworker
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jhall89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) 2 year living advice

Post by jhall89 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Thank you.

We are so close to it, I am praying that the caseworker who would receive our application would see how tight it is and that we have such a strong application with all our supporting documents.

jhall89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Appointment for FLR Visa!

Post by jhall89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Hi all!

I'm just after a bit of help regarding booking an appointment for my partners FLR (M) visa. She is a Canadian citizen who's Tier 5 YMS Visa expires on the 12th April and we have a wedding booked on 22nd March. (Notice for marriage appointment on 4th Jan)

Does getting married on 22nd March give us enough time to get an appointment for before the visa expires? I'm unsure if we can book our appointment prior to the wedding day?

Any help would be massively appreciated! Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Appointment for FLR Visa!

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:46 pm

You have to apply online and book the appointment as part of the process. You can only apply once you are married.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm

Once married you can apply for FLRM at anytime but before your current visa expiry date. If your notice for marry won't be extended by HO then you should continue to search premium appointment in advance otherwise you can apply by post at anytime after marriage.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
Once married you can apply for FLRM at anytime but before your current visa expiry date. If your notice for marry won't be extended by HO then you should continue to search premium appointment in advance otherwise you can apply by post at anytime after marriage.
There is no premium service centres anymore!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jhall89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by jhall89 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:50 pm
seagul wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm
There is no premium service centres anymore!!

Thank you for making me aware of that!

Following your post about that, I did some further digging on the gov.uk website and on their page giving info about the new UKVCAS Centres it states :

"You’ll then be directed to Sopra Steria’s website to book an appointment at a UKVCAS centre. At this stage, you can choose whether to purchase added-value services. These services will only be available to applicants using the UKVCAS service.

Appointments
You will be able to choose an appointment within 5 working days of making your application. You are encouraged to go to an appointment as soon as possible and will receive a reminder after 15 working days if you have not attended an appointment."

This sounds amazing, and looking at their website https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail this would also back it up?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

jhall89
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Succesful Spouse Visa Application

Post by jhall89 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:07 am

Hi all,

My wife has recently had her FLR(M) application granted and we are very relived and excited for the future now and it's a big thanks to reading this board for advice so I wanted to share the documents we submitted. We transferred from a YMS Tier 5 to spouse visa.

I had kept all mailed documents that had been sent to us since we had lived together.

Proof of Identity
-BRP
-Applicant and partner passports

Proof of application
-Declaration for spouse
-Consent form

Other
-Proof of property ownership (I as the partner am the owner of house paying mortgage)

Residence in UK
- Joint names correspondence (council tax) x 3
- Joint names correspondence (water bills) x 3
- Single name correspondence applicant (NHS, phone bills etc) x 5
- Single name correspondence partner (Utility Bills etc) x 4

Finances
-Partners 6 months payslips and letter from employer. (this used towards income threshold)
-Partners electronic bank statements dating back 6 months every page stamped by bank
-Applicant proof of employment, payslips and letter from employer

Life events
-Marriage certificate

We were accepted on this evidence. I hope this helps other people going through what we know is a very stressful procedure.

We also used the UKVCAS Super Priority service and got our decision within 7 hours so definitely worth it. All in all from submitting our application to receiving the new BRP card was 8 calendar days!