ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling outside UK during 3C leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dhruvkumar
Newly Registered
India

Travelling outside UK during 3C leave

Post by dhruvkumar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Hi, I have a Tier-4 visa which expires on 14th April. I am switching to Tier-2 (general) visa and have just come back from my appointment from the UKVCAS service point in Stratford. I understand that after my current visa expires, I can stay in the UK until the decision, which is called a 3C leave.
The problem is that I have no official proof of the application. How do I prove that I am a legal resident of UK to anyone who asks for it? For example, can I go out of the UK and come back with the expired BRP?
It'll be a great help if someone can clear this tiny problem out for me. Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling outside UK during 3C leave

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:57 pm

I understand that after my current visa expires, I can stay in the UK until the decision, which is called a 3C leave.
Correct.
The problem is that I have no official proof of the application. How do I prove that I am a legal resident of UK to anyone who asks for it?
Who would ask?? Did you not get an email once you submitted online??
For example, can I go out of the UK and come back with the expired BRP?
No, you cannot leave the UK. For the following reasons a) you won't have any way to get back into the UK or board a plane with an expired visa. b) Section 3c is only applicable while you are in the UK, it ceases once you leave. c) If you leave the UK, your tier 2 application will be considered withdrawn.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dhruvkumar
Newly Registered
India

Re: Travelling outside UK during 3C leave

Post by dhruvkumar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:19 pm

Thanks for replying.
CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:57 pm
Who would ask?? Did you not get an email once you submitted online??
No, the new service does not send an e-mail which is also mentioned here -
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/sopr ... as/FAQ.pdf
I think it's very strange.

I was mostly curious about traveling, cause the process might take a while. Cannot really think of any other scenario when I might be asked to show an ID, but I was just generally concerned cause I just really do not have any form of proof that of being a legal resident after this expires.

You are right about not leaving the UK though. I guess it's fine then. Just need to sit tight until the decision.

Thanks