ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the maximum allowed time from EC to entering UK?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

danonne
Newly Registered

What is the maximum allowed time from EC to entering UK?

Post by danonne » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:04 am

Hi everybody,

Well, yes I got my HSMP and now about to go pick up my Passport with the visa. But... about 2 -3 days after I applied for the visa, I got a call from a UK company offering me a job in my home country (its a short term contract about 6 weeks all together) I would really like to do this before I go but I need to first find out what is the maximum time allowed between the day my visa starts and the last day I have to enter the UK.

I heard 2 versions - 28 days and 3 months...

Does anybody know? If possible can you point me to some official documents that prove this?

Greatly Appreciated

Dan

PS: If anybody is interested in an absolutely wonderful agent to help them with the whole process in South Africa - let me know. The agent I used is brilliant, very fast and efficient and I havent had a single problem with my applications.