ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 Referee Questions for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

oOCasperOo
United Kingdom

2 Referee Questions for Naturalisation

Post by oOCasperOo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:53 pm

Hi I'm British national my self and married to Hungarian.

My wife was give ILR she also has B1 and She has Life in the UK test next week.
If she passes she wants to apply for
Naturalisation to become British citizen. I was reading the requirements on this and in there it says she must provide
2 referee's

I would like to know if this still applies to her married to British person ?

if it does I know 1 of them referees has to be British with British passport that knows her for at least 3 years but the other one it fies not say any requirements all it says they have to be over 25 but does 2end person also needs to know her for 3 years ? or can I get some information exactly how does this referee works do they contact referee or are they there as back up ?

Thanks for any help.

wahi66
BANNED
United Kingdom

Re: 2 Referee Questions for Naturalisation

Post by wahi66 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:30 am

oOCasperOo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:53 pm
Hi I'm British national my self and married to Hungarian.

My wife was give ILR she also has B1 and She has Life in the UK test next week.
If she passes she wants to apply for
Naturalisation to become British citizen. I was reading the requirements on this and in there it says she must provide
2 referee's

I would like to know if this still applies to her married to British person ?

YES it does.

if it does I know 1 of them referees has to be British with British passport that knows her for at least 3 years but the other one it fies not say any requirements all it says they have to be over 25 but does 2end person also needs to know her for 3 years ?

not necessary. even less then 3 years would also work and it could be any nationality.

or can I get some information exactly how does this referee works do they contact referee

they can if necessary.

or are they there as back up ?

Thanks for any help.