ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

3crown

Schengen

Post by 3crown » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:52 pm

My hubby is on 2 year spouse Visa..I am UK Citizen. We would like to visit France & Greece in the next 12 months , The Greek embassy website states you cannot apply for a Schengen if you hold a valid one already - so what if the French one is still valid by the time we go to Greece, or do they just mean a valid GREEK Schengen...please, anyone?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 pm

If the french one is still valid and is multiple entry, you can use it to go to greece. Have you applied for the french one yet? If not, get a 1 year travel insurance and bring it to the french consulate, they'll give you a mult entry 1 year visa.

heretic

Post by heretic » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:01 pm

with a Schengen the only requirement is that you land first in the country that granted you the visa in the first place and then you can travel freely all over the Schengen zone.......so if you get your Schengen from the French then you have to land in France first and then you are free to travel to any Schengen country.............I am quite certain i am correct but i am sure someone with more info will correct me if I am wrong........

If you hubby is an Indian national try this website.........
http://www.visas4indians.com/

3crown

Post by 3crown » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:09 am

Morning heretic & thank you - I did know that you only need to land in the country from where the Schengen was issued & then you are free to travel around Europe but what about if it's separate trips on different occasions I wonder? Greece are saying you can't apply for a Schengen for there if you already hae a valid one in your passport - but what if it's a French one? And what about Crete or Greece - is that a Schengen Visa or a separate Visa for those countries? sorry for all the questions :roll:
heretic wrote:with a Schengen the only requirement is that you land first in the country that granted you the visa in the first place and then you can travel freely all over the Schengen zone.......so if you get your Schengen from the French then you have to land in France first and then you are free to travel to any Schengen country.............I am quite certain i am correct but i am sure someone with more info will correct me if I am wrong........

If you hubby is an Indian national try this website.........
http://www.visas4indians.com/

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:17 am

3crown wrote:Morning heretic & thank you - I did know that you only need to land in the country from where the Schengen was issued & then you are free to travel around Europe but what about if it's separate trips on different occasions I wonder? Greece are saying you can't apply for a Schengen for there if you already hae a valid one in your passport - but what if it's a French one? And what about Crete or Greece - is that a Schengen Visa or a separate Visa for those countries? sorry for all the questions :roll:
I think paulp and heretic have answered your questions already. If it is multiple entry and valid for the whole period of your trips then you wouldn't need another visa for Greece obviously (and can't even aply for one). If it is single entry it would be invalidated after you leave the Schengen area and you would have to apply for a new one afterwards again.

There are no national Schengen visa just Schengen visa issued by nations with the entrance rules discussed above and you obviously already know about.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:39 pm

3crown wrote:Morning heretic & thank you - I did know that you only need to land in the country from where the Schengen was issued & then you are free to travel around Europe but what about if it's separate trips on different occasions I wonder? Greece are saying you can't apply for a Schengen for there if you already hae a valid one in your passport - but what if it's a French one? And what about Crete or Greece - is that a Schengen Visa or a separate Visa for those countries? sorry for all the questions :roll:
Crete is not a country, it is an island of Greece so it would be covered with Schengen

3crown

Post by 3crown » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:12 pm

OK thank you ...
republique wrote:
Crete is not a country, it is an island of Greece so it would be covered with Schengen