ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent info required..

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pktamil2007

Urgent info required..

Post by pktamil2007 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I am travelling to Ireland next week on a Green card permit.

I have some queries:

1. Can you please post what are the required documents for GNIB registration?

2. Also if anyone can post their experiences of GNIB at Galway, what time to go, how long are the queues etc...

3. I have been issued a single entry visa. What is the procedure for getting multiple re-entry visa. How long does it take?

4. Is getting a PPS number also to be done before going for the re-entry visa?

5. Also what other formalities to be completed for a NON-EU national on a green card permit?

I need to plan my travel back to bring my family along and hence would require the above details. Kindly advise.

sort33
Newly Registered

Post by sort33 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 pm

HI,
Ireland have a system which i think u dont c anywhere else. It works like this actually as far as I know out of my experiences.

Upon ur arrival in Ireland, at the Immigration desk in airport, they put a stamp on ur passport stating "permitted to stay in ireland till xxxx date" the duration varies, but generally its one month & within 3 months.

Hope it works the same way for even Green Card holders.
U need to go to the GNIB office before the permitted date to stay in Ireland and get the actual stamp and GNIB card which r imp. The charge for GNIB card is euro 100, which i think can only b paid by a laser card or debt card. which u can borrow from any person of ur nationality present in the embassy at that time & give them cash, if atall they help u.

As for the Galway GNIB i dont have any idea.

You can get ur multiple-entry stamp on the same day of getting ur GNIB card. But first u have to get GNIB card then only u can apply for multiple-entry visa. U can do both on the same day if u go early by 8 a.m. U need to b ready with filled application, photo & euro 100 postal order or bank statment for multiple entry visa. U can get both of them on the same day.

Iam not very sure about the PPS number requirement for the multiple entry visa. But I think they ask for a address proof, which can b a bank stement, letter or ur employer letter on which ur residence address is mentioned. Even PPS number letter can b shown as address proof. And its easy to get one.

Hope this will b of any help to u. Wish u all the best & Gudluck.

iamwhoever

Post by iamwhoever » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:27 am

You don't need to have a debit/credit card to pay the fee; there is another way. You can go to GNIB and do your thing, then they will issue a thing for the bank. You take it to the bank, make the payment, and bring back a receipt. Unpin bringing the receipt back, GNIB will issue your card.