ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Tier 1 Application Form..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

coolsats
BANNED

Query on Tier 1 Application Form..

Post by coolsats » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:15 pm

Friends,

On VAF 9a form, section 3.2, that says "Please indicate your method of degree verification Put a cross (x) in the relevant box"
The options are as follows:
1) Qualification on the UK NARIC database
2) Qualification not on the UK NARIC database but a UK NARIC letter and/or certificate is enclosed.

The university for my qualification(MCA) is Bangalore university, and is listed in the self assessment tool. Does this means that my qualification is on the UK NARIC database, and if i can select the option 1) above.

The other query is, while filling up the applicaiton form, if i come across a filed that is not relevent, should i leave it as blank or put something like NA or not applicable. For example like in form VAF 9b there is a field called Given name, family name , and Other name.
Family name and Given name is fine, but what about the Other name.
CAn i just leave it blank of put NA or something else..

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:25 pm

The university for my qualification(MCA) is Bangalore university, and is listed in the self assessment tool. Does this means that my qualification is on the UK NARIC database, and if i can select the option 1) above.
Yes, only if your MCA degree qualification is also listed in English Language section of the points calculator as to satisfy English Language requirements.
The other query is, while filling up the applicaiton form, if i come across a filed that is not relevent, should i leave it as blank or put something like NA or not applicable. For example like in form VAF 9b there is a field called Given name, family name , and Other name.
LEaving a blank would look like incomplete application. Putting a dash(-) or NA would do the trick.

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi coolest guy,

Thanks for your inputs.
Well MCA is also listed in the English Language section, and it says that the MCA degree is enough to claim points for English language, but still am Selecting Bsc degree from the database and adding it to my qualifcation list, and i even have the University letter from the university that my degree was in english.
Pls correct me if am wrong.

The other questions is about the Grades in application form on qualification, what should i select for select for Grades, should i put below 80% or something else.
Let me know ur inputs on this.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:13 pm

Would not putting an NA confuse the case worker? For eg. what if someone has NA as the middle initial? I would suggest leaving it blank would obviously mean that you dont have any middle/other name.
LEaving a blank would look like incomplete application. Putting a dash(-) or NA would do the trick.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:36 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:Would not putting an NA confuse the case worker? For eg. what if someone has NA as the middle initial? I would suggest leaving it blank would obviously mean that you dont have any middle/other name.
Then obviously a dash(-) would work. I know no body who has dash(-) as their middle name :lol:

coolsats
BANNED

Post by coolsats » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:53 pm

Guys,

I got you all, i ll sure put dash (-), but what about the GRADES field in the application form, what do i put there.
I remember in the self assessment tool ,we got option like belor or above 80%, so what do you think i should put in the application form, should i just go for below 80% as i got 71% in MCA.

If there is anything else do let me know please..

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:01 pm

I would put "below 80%", as the other options (1,2,3,4...) have no meaning for me.