ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seselwa5
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Overstay

Post by seselwa5 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:37 am

Hi all,

I am in a situation. I want to apply for BC but have a few worries. I was a member of the British army up till 2013. When I left I was not informed about applying for BC or ILR. By the time I found out, I had already overstayed 15 days. I found that out when HO informed me through a letter that I had 1 month to apply or leave the country. Since I was not working and wife just had a baby I did not have the funds to do so. The month ended on May 28th. I called my mom who sent me the airfare so I went home 15th July 2013 and did the ILR abroad.Got ILR within a month and came back in November 2013 and been here since then. I travel quite a lot and have a job now. I want to know if the overstay will cause a problem if I apply for bc now.