ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Closing down Ltd Company after applying for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KhristyAnna
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Closing down Ltd Company after applying for citizenship

Post by KhristyAnna » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello!

I would like to know if closing down my Ltd company may affect the decision on my British citizenship application. I have submitted the application last week but I still need to attend biometrics appointment and upload all necessary documents. I have all the necessary documents with me. Just need to upload them. I am not sure if the Home office will check later on if I am still director of the company and what is my employment status. If they do check then what amounts of savings I have to show them to be a self-sufficient not to be employed for a while? I would like to take some career break and travel for a while this is why I would like to know if this may have any negative impact on my application while it is being processed.

P.S. I am an EU national.

Thanks in advance!

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Closing down Ltd Company after applying for citizenship

Post by makky86 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:45 pm

KhristyAnna wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:17 pm
Hello!

I would like to know if closing down my Ltd company may affect the decision on my British citizenship application. I have submitted the application last week but I still need to attend biometrics appointment and upload all necessary documents. I have all the necessary documents with me. Just need to upload them. I am not sure if the Home office will check later on if I am still director of the company and what is my employment status. If they do check then what amounts of savings I have to show them to be a self-sufficient not to be employed for a while? I would like to take some career break and travel for a while this is why I would like to know if this may have any negative impact on my application while it is being processed.

P.S. I am an EU national.

Thanks in advance!

It will not have any impact at all. Having a job or earning is not required for citizenship.
II Youths a stuff neve endures II