ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship application - supporting documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waqarsadiqali
Newly Registered
India

Citizenship application - supporting documents

Post by waqarsadiqali » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:52 pm

I have to apply for my Citizenship now and I have a quick question that I’d like to ask. I got my ILR after Tier 2 General 5 years route in May 2018.

I am planning to leave my full time job and setup my own company, does that affect my citizenship application? What documents would I have to provide to prove my working status? Would I be classified as a ‘self employed’?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship application - supporting documents

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:55 pm

I have to apply for my Citizenship now and I have a quick question that I’d like to ask. I got my ILR after Tier 2 General 5 years route in May 2018.
You don't 'have' to apply. You are 'choosing' to apply. You can obviously only apply in May.
I am planning to leave my full time job and setup my own company, does that affect my citizenship application? What documents would I have to provide to prove my working status? Would I be classified as a ‘self employed’?
Employment is not required nor mandatory for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.