ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application: supporting documents returned without a decision letter - What does that mean?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Irene12
Newly Registered
European Union

British Citizenship application: supporting documents returned without a decision letter - What does that mean?

Post by Irene12 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this during their application for citizenship.

I sent in the paper application which was delivered to the Home Office on the 27th of February 2019. The application fee of 1330 pounds was taken from my account on the 11th of March 2019 and I got the letter confirming the receipt of the application/application fee on the 12th of March 2019. I submitted my bio metric information at the post office on the 20th of March 2019.

Today, I received all of my supporting documents back even though I did not put in a request for them to be returned early (I know that is an option is someone needs their passport or sth like that).

There was no letter from the Home Office granting me or denying me citizenship with the documents, there was nothing at all. Does anyone know what that means? I mean, is it possible that it got rejected and that is why I got the documents returned so early in the process? I expected I would get a letter explaining either way.

I tried calling the Home Office and the person I spoke to on the phone thought it was strange as well. Unfortunately, they were not able to help me or provide me any answers other than to write a cover letter and sent it back to the Home Office.

Did anyone else got their supporting documents returned to them before a decision was reached on the application?

Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Irene

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Re: British Citizenship application: supporting documents returned without a decision letter - What does that mean?

Post by MsSteel » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:12 pm

Irene12 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:18 pm
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this during their application for citizenship.

I sent in the paper application which was delivered to the Home Office on the 27th of February 2019. The application fee of 1330 pounds was taken from my account on the 11th of March 2019 and I got the letter confirming the receipt of the application/application fee on the 12th of March 2019. I submitted my bio metric information at the post office on the 20th of March 2019.

Today, I received all of my supporting documents back even though I did not put in a request for them to be returned early (I know that is an option is someone needs their passport or sth like that).

There was no letter from the Home Office granting me or denying me citizenship with the documents, there was nothing at all. Does anyone know what that means? I mean, is it possible that it got rejected and that is why I got the documents returned so early in the process? I expected I would get a letter explaining either way.

I tried calling the Home Office and the person I spoke to on the phone thought it was strange as well. Unfortunately, they were not able to help me or provide me any answers other than to write a cover letter and sent it back to the Home Office.

Did anyone else got their supporting documents returned to them before a decision was reached on the application?

Any input/opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Irene
Hi Irene, have you checked all the paperwork that was sent back to you...I've read from others on another forum that the letter was embedded between all their paperwork.

Alternatively, here's the email address for you to forward your queries: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

You MUST list (and answer) the following questions in the body of your email:

Enquiry Details

Have you made a nationality application?

What is your Home Office/Case ID reference number(s)?

Applicant's full name:

Date of birth:

Email address:

Telephone number:

Please give details of your nationality query?
-------------------------------------------------------

This is the email I used for an urgent query and got a response within a day.

All the best!

Irene12
Newly Registered
European Union

Re: British Citizenship application: supporting documents returned without a decision letter - What does that mean?

Post by Irene12 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 pm

Hi MsSteel,

Thank you for your respond! Yes, I did look through every page because that was my first guess as well but unfortunately there was nothing.

I did send an email to the address you suggested but did not mention all the things you listed. Will resend it using that format and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

MsSteel
BANNED
Belgium

Post by MsSteel » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:12 am

Irene12 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:36 pm
Hi MsSteel,

Thank you for your respond! Yes, I did look through every page because that was my first guess as well but unfortunately there was nothing.

I did send an email to the address you suggested but did not mention all the things you listed. Will resend it using that format and see how it goes.

Thanks again!
If you've already sent them an email, they'll respond back with a Word document that contains the questions I've listed above for you to complete and resend. That's how I got the questions :-)