ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EEA dependent parents of EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Non EEA dependent parents of EU citizen

Post by spat » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Can dependent parents of EU citizen who is full time employed in host member state can claim benefit (non-contributory pension credit)?

Is there any restriction for dependent family members in claiming benefit? Or can it be an issue while applying for PR?

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Non EEA dependent parents of EU citizen

Post by spat » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:17 am

spat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm
Can dependent parents of EU citizen who is full time employed in host member state can claim benefit (non-contributory pension credit)?

Is there any restriction for dependent family members in claiming benefit? Or can it be an issue while applying for PR?
Can some one please advise?

Neonleon
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Non EEA dependent parents of EU citizen

Post by Neonleon » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:31 pm

spat wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:56 pm

@spat, it depends on the host member state policies. In general the dependent parents can't claim benefit as long their status is not permanent (PR) or known as ILR in the UK 🇬🇧. If they holds a current PR of the EU 🇪🇺 member state, yes they may be eligible.

You need find and call/email or visit the member states department (I recall you wrote you are in Ireland 🇮🇪) who deals with these queries (I guess in UK🇬🇧 it's the jobcentre plus but I may be entirely wrong).

Will it be an issue when applying for PR - are you asking about the PR in the host member state or in the UK? Either way I don't know the answer but surely someone else will.