ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brp upload documents to prove my continous residency

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hirochan
Newly Registered
Japan

Brp upload documents to prove my continous residency

Post by Hirochan » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:24 pm

I need your help urgently.

I have applied for BRP to transfer NTL visa from my expired passport.

They asked me to upload documents as follows:

Mandatory

●Residency in the UK

Needed to upload:

●Proof of address and evidence to prove my continuous residency in the UK since becoming a permanent resident

I got the IRL visa in 2003 and transferred it to my new passport (at the time) in 2006 (NTL).

My question is:

shortly after I got the IRL visa, I moved in my partner's flat. Since I did not add my name on all bills and council tax bills as well, I do not have anything showing my name to prove my continuous residency since becoming a permanent resident.

I worked in 2004 and since 2014 I have worked. So, I can upload P45 and the letter from my current employer.

The thing is I do not have any letters and bills provided by Home Office as examples for some years and so I cannot provide them with every single year's evidence to confirm my continuous residency .

2005 - I have only BT bills with my name.

2006- I transferred my IRL visa to new passport (NTL) and so have the letter from Home Office. I think it would be a sort of official letter to prove my continuous residency.

2007- I do not have anything other than entry stamps to the UK on my passport (11Feb and 13th May).

2008- BT bills only, but entry stamps to the UK (26th May and 16th Nov).

After that, I have letters from GP confirming dates of attendance every year and the letter from my current employer. So, I think they would be enough. I have also got a letter from my GP to prove my continuous registration with them since 2003 to the present.

Please give some advice whether Home Office will accept the letter from my GP to confirm my continuous registration, BT bills and the entry stamps on my passports as evidence?

I would also like to ask you whether I should upload the letters from GP into "Medical Information category" or not and the letter from my current employer into "Sponsor/Employment category" or not.

I studied at UK university and so should I upload the certificate for enrolment even if the study had finished before obtaining IRL visa in 2003?

Should I upload my 6months bank statement into "Finance category"?

I do have any idea what about "Life Event category". What kind of information id normally uploaded?

Finally, for Description (optional) -For example, year or other description

What kind of information do you upload to add documents?

Sorry I have asked many questions, but really appreciate your precious help.

Thanks

pkhalid
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Brp upload documents to prove my continous residency

Post by pkhalid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I am planning to transfer my ILR vis onto a BRP card and I was shocked to learn I needed to provide evidence of continuous residency. I am very worried as I have not been working since I got my ILR in 2008 and the bills have been under my partner's name.

How is your application coming along? Were you able to find the answers? I would appreciate if you could provide me with any info

keskinta
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by keskinta » Wed May 29, 2019 2:59 am

pkhalid wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 pm
Hi,

I am having a similar issue. I am planning to transfer my ILR vis onto a BRP card and I was shocked to learn I needed to provide evidence of continuous residency. I am very worried as I have not been working since I got my ILR in 2008 and the bills have been under my partner's name.

How is your application coming along? Were you able to find the answers? I would appreciate if you could provide me with any info
Hello,

I am having a similar issue too, what did you do, ? Can you please give me some advise.

Donakey111
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Donakey111 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Same issue as well