ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent:::Licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your Cer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Urgent:::Licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your Cer

Post by whateverever » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:03 am

Main applicant is already on ILR and I am applying for Tier 2 dependent extension. Problem is that when I try to apply online application I get this, seems like company changed license or anything else happened I don't know.

Licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) reference number.

Is there any other way to move forward with application ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Urgent:::Licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 am

Have you checked the Sponsor register for your company?

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Urgent:::Licence number not found - please check the number. Enter your employer's sponsor licence number, not your

Post by whateverever » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:45 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:48 am
Have you checked the Sponsor register for your company?
Company is on list, but it was sold when I left, I don't think new company will give me there license code, i think they renewed it after i left company, so probably have a new license code

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 pm

If it was sold then the new owners will have a totally new licence number. That explains the name of the company on the register but why the licence number is shown as unknown.

Even if you had the new licence number it would not show you on the system as your COS is linked to the previous licence

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:37 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:10 pm
If it was sold then the new owners will have a totally new licence number. That explains the name of the company on the register but why the licence number is shown as unknown.

Even if you had the new licence number it would not show you on the system as your COS is linked to the previous licence
Dear Frontier,

I guess that leaves me to either

1. Contact HO (not sure how)
2. Apply using offline form (not able to find any)
3. Apply for ILR directly and don't do Biometrics until 8 days are passed and then pray that all goes well, maybe explain in cover letter that why I couldn't apply for extension.

Which option would be best

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:23 am

I will get back to you later - this can not that unusual.
Let you know the result tonight.

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:23 am
I will get back to you later - this can not that unusual.
Let you know the result tonight.
Thank you so much, i will wait :), really appreciate

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Ok the caseworker guidance says nothing on the matter, it just assumes by the time you make the application you have supplied all the information electronically/ manually.

Need to find someone that I can pop the technical question to about what happens at the point the licence number is rejected but was previously in use / valid.

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:43 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 pm
Ok the caseworker guidance says nothing on the matter, it just assumes by the time you make the application you have supplied all the information electronically/ manually.

Need to find someone that I can pop the technical question to about what happens at the point the licence number is rejected but was previously in use / valid.
Please do let me know the outcome if you happened to get a answer.

I really appreciate your time on this

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:51 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:39 pm

Dear Frontier,

Do you think it would be fruitful to contact HO, I am not too sure how to though :cry:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm

For argument sake let’s just say I might just have a better chance of getting an answer than others 😏
I am waiting for a response from the tech team, unfortunately they have not found the answer as yet. I have pointed out that this cannot be an isolated case based on the numbers of PBS ILR grants and the catch time for dependents to qualify for ILR there must be a work around / solution.

My question was:

What happens if Sponsors cease to trade, go bust, sell out / transfer / get revoked etc and any other means that they are no longer on the register when PBS ILR holder dependents apply for PBS extensions? There is a suggestion that the on-line application will not allow licence references to be input where the licence is no longer live.

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:38 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm
For argument sake let’s just say I might just have a better chance of getting an answer than others 😏
I am waiting for a response from the tech team, unfortunately they have not found the answer as yet. I have pointed out that this cannot be an isolated case based on the numbers of PBS ILR grants and the catch time for dependents to qualify for ILR there must be a work around / solution.

My question was:

What happens if Sponsors cease to trade, go bust, sell out / transfer / get revoked etc and any other means that they are no longer on the register when PBS ILR holder dependents apply for PBS extensions? There is a suggestion that the on-line application will not allow licence references to be input where the licence is no longer live.
Dear Frontier,

You are a shinning star, thank you so much !!!

Feeling positive then ever :mrgreen:

Ta

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:57 pm

My question was:

Possibly you contacting them fixed the issue !!!!

Now it's not asking for sponsor details anymore.

Thakn you so much !!

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:54 am

Could not possibly comment 😉

gauravsundar
Newly Registered

Post by gauravsundar » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Hi
Did your problem get resolved? I am having the same issue when I apply online for my Tier 2 extension. The number I use for the sponsor license is the same I used last time during my previous extension but I get the error saying that the license number is not found.

Whom did you contact and what was the problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lucky1305
Newly Registered
India

Post by Lucky1305 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi Guys,

I am encountering the same issue while applying for Tier General dependent visa. It has gone through fine while filling my wife's application who is a main applicant. I contacted HO and they raised an incident to look into it. But i want to know if this has been resolved for anyone and how? Thank you.

Samaneke123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Samaneke123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issue. I'm main applicant changing job, the new company issued Cos yesterday, and trying to complete the application and receive the same error.

Please have anyone pass beyond this stage today?
What is the number to contact HO based on this issue?

Thanks

Nicky122221
Newly Registered
India

Post by Nicky122221 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm trying to fill in the Sponsor license number for my dependant's visa application and I'm getting the same error. Is this a technical glitch or something? If anyone has seen the same error and it seemed to get resolved, will you be able to help, please?

makhanmd
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by makhanmd » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:39 am

Hi
I am trying to apply for tier 2 visa and getting the same problem. The licence number is correct and has been confirmed by my employer. Please guide how to solve the issue.

HGH2019
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by HGH2019 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Hi, I have the same problem. It seems many applicants have the same issue.
I sent them an email today. It seems this error happens before but it is not clear how they solved it.

bubbly2703
United Kingdom

Post by bubbly2703 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:49 pm

Hello,

I have been on the online application form the licence were issued for the Tier 5 visa is correct but the system has an error message.....really need to do appointments fast but this is such a set back. Has anybody got a solution?

elizhere
Newly Registered
India

Post by elizhere » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:19 pm

I am also facing same issue. What is the email id to contact?

HGH2019
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by HGH2019 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:02 am

Please send them an email mentioning many applicants have the same problem. Otherwise, they don't care about it.

greengrapes
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by greengrapes » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:51 am

Hi, I am applying for tier 2 visa extension and encountered the same issue on Saturday.
My sponsor confirmed I have the right licence number and they also recognised that other applicants have the same issue since friday.
I think it's worth calling home office so they know the extent of the problem and can get it fixed asap.

as a few people were asking about contacts:

Home office number is 03001232241 if you are calling within UK and issues related to visas
You can also email them for IT support: ApplyOnlineE-support@homeoffice.gov.uk
(include your name, type of visa, description of problem)

hope this helps

Samaneke123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Samaneke123 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:35 am

Hi Guys,

As we are all experiencing this problem of Sponsor licence Number, I'm applying for Tier 2 visa extension (Change of Employment) and encountered the same problem since Saturday.

I called Home Office this morning and they confirmed that they are having a technical issue on their system which they are trying to fix.

Thay said that I should try again later, and refused to be specific about the later.

What that means is that we should all keep trying every 5 to 10 mins, please if anyone gets through, kindly update the forum immediately, as we are on the same challenge together.

I hope this will help?

The number I called is 0300 123 4699, then select option 3.

I suggest that everyone call them to put more pressure on them.