ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification please - non-EEA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

+nairam+
Newly Registered

Clarification please - non-EEA

Post by +nairam+ » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:46 pm

Hi,

I was not sure on this point and just wanted to be 100%. My non-EEA spouce needs to apply for Residence Permit when he enters the UK on a EEA Family Permit - ok. But can he work before he gets the Permit? Sounds like they take up to 6 months and that's a long wait.

Also:

Unless you are engaged to an EU Citizen (not British citizen in this situation!) with a five year residence permit you must apply for entry from outside the UK. (http://www.workpermit.com/uk/fiance.htm)

So does that mean that if I have a RP we can apply from within the UK? Where could I read how this works exactly?

Thanks.

petkanov

Your spouse can work

Post by petkanov » Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:16 pm

+nairam+
Newly Registered

Post by +nairam+ » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have read that site and it's still not 100% clear. I'd like a more straight answer, such as 'yes, your husband can work from day 1 on an EEA Family Permit, without having to wait for a RP'.

If you can point me to somewhere where it says that, I'd be greatful :) (or if you know this as a fact and can tell me).

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:21 pm

The family permit your spouse receives will not state 'employment allowed' but rather have no statement pertaining to the restriction or prohibition of employment - its in the link provided by petkanov i.e. EEA Family Member Visa. It will be granted for 12 months. Your spouse should get it extended by the Home Office to a max 5 years in line with an application you make for RP. In short he is eligible to work from day 1.
Last edited by Kayalami on Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+nairam+
Newly Registered

Post by +nairam+ » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:32 pm

Many, many thanks :)