ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 months after visa appeal success - NO VISA!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gollywood
Member of Standing

4 months after visa appeal success - NO VISA!

Post by gollywood » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:47 am

We were successful in our appeal for a visitor visa for a relative & her children in Pakistan in March 2008.

Nearly 4 months on - they still havent issued a visitor visa.

We've emailed them 3 times.

1st time they said 'takes 6 weeks'. Then they said '8 weeks'. Last response was '10 weeks'

They also asked us not to enquire about it!!!

My question is simple.

A visitor visa in May 2008 would have been great for them to visit from June-Aug 2008 - during their Summer holidays.

If they issue the visa anytime after July, it will be USELESS - the holidays will be virtually over!!!

WHEN they are eventually called in to have their visa issued - can we say 'thanks, but we dont need it until NEXT May/June 2009' - as thats the only time they can come to avoid disrupting their children's education?

SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF with dealing with British High Commison, Islamabad!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Gollywood, The HO has on many occasions,most recently in relation to the HSMP verdict, shown a callous disregard for legal verdicts & judicial institutions.Find out from the AIT if there is a timeframe for the implementation of their judgements & threaten the HO with legal action if they do not grant the visas pronto..

PS:Phonecalls & emails don't work.Put it in writing & send it recorded..

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:32 pm

I could understand if there was still legal deliberations going on - paperwork needing to be seen etc etc.

But all that is concluded.

WE WON.

Takes 5 mins to stamp a goddam passport!!!

My relative lives virtually on the doorstop of the issuing embassy!

We couldnt afford to take legal action.

Should my relatives in Pakistan write to them via recorded delivery, or me as their sponsor in the UK?

Twin
Member of Standing

Post by Twin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 pm

gollywood wrote:I could understand if there was still legal deliberations going on - paperwork needing to be seen etc etc.

But all that is concluded.

WE WON.

Takes 5 mins to stamp a goddam passport!!!

My relative lives virtually on the doorstop of the issuing embassy!

We couldnt afford to take legal action.

Should my relatives in Pakistan write to them via recorded delivery, or me as their sponsor in the UK?
A threat of judicial review might make them move swiftly though. Just right to them threatening to go to the high court, this usually does the trick.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:07 am

Get your MP involved.

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:21 am

Appreciate the replies - will draft something and send to relatives in PAk to post.

stmellon

Post by stmellon » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:39 am

gollywood, unfortunately you won't be able to have the visa post-dated for 2009 - they wouldn't do it that far ahead of travel.

Good luck with it!

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:37 am

stmellon wrote:gollywood, unfortunately you won't be able to have the visa post-dated for 2009 - they wouldn't do it that far ahead of travel.

Good luck with it!
But lets say they award it to us in Oct 2008, which is too late - can we say, no, we would like it for next Summer (eg May 2009?)

I mean we applied for 'Summer Holidays' - its virtually useless to have a visa in Oct, when kids are back in school?

Can the mess around with peoples plans & lives like that?