ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

any advice please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cutepearl

any advice please

Post by cutepearl » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:31 pm

Hi guys... i applied for EEA" in mid february. my wife's grand dad died and his funeral is on 1st of august ...my and my wifes passports are in the home office.. my wife really want to go..

I was thinking to ask for her passport back after mid july..will that affect our application ??

or

Can we write to home office if they can speed up our application and try to sort it out before end of july..

Please write to me if anyone has been through the similar situation..

Thanks

thsths
United Kingdom

Re: any advice please

Post by thsths » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:55 pm

cutepearl wrote:Hi guys... i applied for EEA" in mid february. my wife's grand dad died and his funeral is on 1st of august ...my and my wifes passports are in the home office.. my wife really want to go..

I was thinking to ask for her passport back after mid july..will that affect our application ?
It has no affect on your application, but I would certainly do it now. The procedure seems to be a bit difficult at the moment, and there are people that did not get the passport after 4 weeks.

Trying to speed up the application is nearly impossible. Even expecting a response within the allowed 6 months is rather optimistic at the moment.

Tom
Last edited by thsths on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:16 pm

what about if i call them and we can collect her passport next month in person from croydon and then send it back 2 weeks after when she comes back??

i think thats a possiblilty at least she can attend the funeral. Maybe i wont be able to go with her..but she can go??

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:07 pm

cutepearl wrote:what about if i call them and we can collect her passport next month in person from croydon and then send it back 2 weeks after when she comes back?
Since processing has been moved to Liverpool, there is no guarantee that your passport is physically in Croydon.

If you want to go together, you should certainly ask for the marriage certificate to be returned, too. As long as you stay together, you should be fine.

Tom

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:18 pm

ok..but i dont have a visa. so can i travel back to uk without a visa?? my visa expired in march.??

thnaks

Shane2008
Newly Registered

Post by Shane2008 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi, we were in the same situation.

We phoned them on 0870 606 7766. First they told us to fax in a request - which had no effect and id be surprised if they read. We called again and put in a request for our passports over the phone. We both had to put in a request over the phone. The operator input our details asking why, when etc etc after about 8 business days we received our passports via secure mail services (SMS).

Included with the passports was a letter stating not to send our passports back until they are requsted.

I think you should put in a request now, so you can plan your trip.

Hope this helps.

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Shane2008 wrote:Hi, we were in the same situation.

We phoned them on 0870 606 7766. First they told us to fax in a request - which had no effect and id be surprised if they read. We called again and put in a request for our passports over the phone. We both had to put in a request over the phone. The operator input our details asking why, when etc etc after about 8 business days we received our passports via secure mail services (SMS).

Included with the passports was a letter stating not to send our passports back until they are requsted.

I think you should put in a request now, so you can plan your trip.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Shane...i think i will have to let her go alone because i cant go without a visa anyway.. so will just ask them to give her passport back and i dont need mine for the moment and cant use it anyway..

Thanks for your reply mate.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:43 am

cutepearl wrote:ok..but i dont have a visa. so can i travel back to uk without a visa?? my visa expired in march.?
As long as you travel together and take your marriage certificate (and the CoA) with you, they cannot legally refuse you. I would still prepare for a potentially heated discussion. Just remain calm and stay your ground.

Tom

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:44 am

Slight side issue, but how come the funeral is on 1st August?

Person died in June??

cutepearl

Post by cutepearl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 pm

gollywood wrote:Slight side issue, but how come the funeral is on 1st August?

Person died in June??
well thats what the date they've given them. i mean the church. i think that the church is booked and they are going to burn his body and then bury his ashes ...dont know its kind of a strange to me as well.

But they have given the letter to my father in law. which is in swedish he has sent that to me today. so i will translate it throuhg a solicitor. and send to home office. its got the date of funeral and burying his ashes.

so lets see what happens.