ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant's continuous period calculation for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

PBS dependant's continuous period calculation for ILR

Post by mma1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Hello

I've read through a lot of posts regarding the period calculation however could not find any particular answer in relation to where the gap between Entry clearance grant date and Actual entry into the UK is over 180 days - what is the correct method for calculation based on the below information;

Initial visa granted: 07 May 2014, valid until 19 MAY 2016
Entry into the UK: 02 Jan 2015 (240 days after entry clearance)
Extension: 12 May 2016, valid until 12 May 2019

Which date should be considered when applying for PBS dependant ILR?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: PBS dependant's continuous period calculation for ILR

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:02 am

The earliest date you can apply is five years from visa issue date minus 28 days. The qualifying period however is calculated differently.
The qualifying 5 years period required for ILR is counted from the day of application/decision counting backwards and any shortfall in the beginning will be ignored.

PBS dependants do NOT have any absence limits if their visa was issued before 11 Jan 2018.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

mma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mma1 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:11 am

Dear Zimba

Thank you for your helpful reply.

I contacted the Home Office this morning to clarify on this particular point and their first answer was that if the delay between visa grant date and entry date is over 180 days then the entry date would be used (as for the main applicant), however upon referring to ILR - calculating continuous period in UK, I was told that they can not advise me on that and I should apply according to the PBS dependant guideline and may include a cover letter if I wish to do so.

Now my only worry is that the caseworker may decide the case in haste as the advisor over the phone with the conditions for the main applicant, then the application may be refused.

Do you think including the cover letter and referring to that particular PBS dependant clause will help to avoid the confusion for the caseworker?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:14 am

In her case, it will likely start counting from date of entry to the UK as her entry was more than 180 days after visa was issued.

uk-tier-1-general-dependent-visas/ilr-t ... l#p1583820
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 am
vinny wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:35 pm
Note the absence (pun intended) of family members in Categories covered by this guidance.
****UPDATE**** PBS dependant category is now covered under the Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK guidance!
This means that PBS dependants may now also take advantage of the following:
Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK wrote:Period between the issue of entry clearance and entering the UK

The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period. Any absences between the date of issue and entry to the UK are considered an allowable absence. This period will count towards the 180 days allowable absence in the continuous 12 month period. The applicant does not need to provide evidence to demonstrate the reason for delayed entry.

If the delay is more than 180 days, you can only include time after the applicant entered the UK in the continuous period calculation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mma1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:21 pm

Thank you Zimba - your interpretation of the rules was correct!