ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New online system advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

musheer1812

New online system advise

Post by musheer1812 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi All

3 questions.

Part 1
I am applying for my wife and 1 kid for ILR which is due before 21 May. I am an ILR holder since 2014 and earning more than the threshold requested, My wife who is the applicant earns less than the threshold only £6000 is this an issue.

Part 2
How soon should I apply, their dependant visa runs out on 21May 2019

Part 3
I have filled the application online and ready to pay for the super priority service but i did not get the date. Should i pay and then select the date could you please advise me the process if possible.

Kind regards,
Mohammed.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: New online system advise

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

musheer1812 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:23 pm
Hi All

3 questions.

Part 1
I am applying for my wife and 1 kid for ILR which is due before 21 May. I am an ILR holder since 2014 and earning more than the threshold requested, My wife who is the applicant earns less than the threshold only £6000 is this an issue.

Part 2
How soon should I apply, their dependant visa runs out on 21May 2019

Part 3
I have filled the application online and ready to pay for the super priority service but i did not get the date. Should i pay and then select the date could you please advise me the process if possible.

Kind regards,
Mohammed.
What was your visa category before you got ILR?
Did you get on 5 year or 10 year route?
What is your wife's visa category?

When was the visa issued?

Dont submit and pay before you are in the qualifying period. Application online submission date is the application date.

Wait for proper advice.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:49 am

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:41 pm

Dont submit and pay before you are in the qualifying period. Application online submission date is the application date.

Wait for proper advice.
FLR(M) visa route for spouse and child.

immigration-for-family-members/flr-m-ex ... l#p1421972

OP came through Tier 1 General route to ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Thank you @CR001 and Tier 11417

Absolutely correct @CR001
I came through Tier 1 General route to ILR (5 years) and granted ILR on 06th May 2014.

My Wife and Son (born in India) got their dependant visa on 21st May 2014 valid until 21st Nov 2016 (Croydon PEO).
And then extended again on 15th November 2016 valid till 21st May 2019 (Croydon PEO).
She has gone to india a few times in these 5 years but less than 60 days in a given year.

5 years

Spouse/Partner leave to remain

My Wife and Son (born in India) got their dependant visa on 21st May 2014 valid until 21st Nov 2016 (Croydon PEO).

And then extended again on 15th November 2016 valid till 21st May 2019 (Croydon PEO).
She has gone to India a few times in these 5 years but less than 60 days in a given year.

Please help - does my wife and son qualify for ILR ? and when should i pay i filled the forms online.

I want to apply via the super priority service, please could you advise the process?

My wife only earns £6000 from a small company as a software tester partime and I earn more than threshold needed and we have our own house.

PLEASE HELP

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:29 pm

Were they on Tier 1 Dependent visas before this?? Why do you change their visa category??
She has gone to India a few times in these 5 years but less than 60 days in a given year.
There is no absence limit for FLR(M) visa holders.
Please help - does my wife and son qualify for ILR ? and when should i pay i filled the forms online.
Yes, no sooner than within 28 days before 21st May 2019. You apply online but do not apply too early, the application date is the date you submit and pay online so make sure this is within the 28 day period.
I want to apply via the super priority service, please could you advise the process?
The online SET(M) process will tell you what to do.

p.s. Please don't post your full names and surname on the forum. It is very public and we have many spammers and scammers who trawl the forum daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:10 pm

Dear CR001

Thank you for your response- Much Appreciated.

Were they on Tier 1 Dependent visas before this?? Why do you change their visa category??

Response - Yes they were on Tier 1 Dependent visas earlier but when i obtained my ILR the solicitor who i appointed earlier recommended me changing their category to FLR (M) that started on 21st May 2014.

Question further- When i filled their ILR form i mentioned that they are my dependants but no were i mentioned their category as FLR (M) should i mentioned somewhere?

And lastly about finances she only earns £6000 and i earn over the threshold is that acceptable.

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Response - Yes they were on Tier 1 Dependent visas earlier but when i obtained my ILR the solicitor who i appointed earlier recommended me changing their category to FLR (M) that started on 21st May 2014.
If you got ILR based on 5 years Tier 1 General, there was NO requirement to change their visas. They could have continued as Tier 1 Dependents until they qualified for ILR, either after 2 years on Tier 1 Dependent if their visas were issued before 8th July 2012, or 5 years residence if their Tier 1 dependent visas were issued after 9th July 2012. I fear that you were given terribly incorrect advice that has cost you a lot of money.
Question further- When i filled their ILR form i mentioned that they are my dependants but no were i mentioned their category as FLR (M) should i mentioned somewhere?
If you are completing form Set(M) for their ILR, there is NO need to state their route. HO will have their history. Your wife is the MAIN applicant, child is the dependent. You are not applying.
And lastly about finances she only earns £6000 and i earn over the threshold is that acceptable.
Only ONE person needs to meet the financial requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:44 am

Thank you Char this is very much appreciated. Yes I think the solicitor took a lot of money from me and provided me incorrect advise that's why I turned to this website.

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

musheer1812

Post by musheer1812 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 am

Hi Char

Could you please advise on this if possible.

My Mrs has a Naric letter confirming that level of english language for the bachelors degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level C1.

Is this sufficent for her English or does she have to sit an English exam ?

Kind Regards,
Mohammed