ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child benifit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lysander
Newly Registered

Child benifit

Post by Lysander » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:31 pm

I am under HSMP scheme since three years now. Recently I had a baby. Can I or My wife claim child benefit. I thing everyone can apply for common child benefit. Any idea??

Fuscia

Post by Fuscia » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm

I think you have to be a British Citizen or at least have ILR. I don't think you're eligible solely on HSMP.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm

..and the kid has to be British....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:35 pm

Wanderer wrote:..and the kid has to be British....
no, s/he doesn't have to be British.
Do not live your life in fear.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:18 am

Can I or My wife claim child benefit. I thing everyone can apply for common child benefit. Any idea??
Can you please state your nationality, and that of your wife please.

Also, if either of you have worked in another country, apart from that of your nationality or the UK, please post details.

Fuscia, it is not quite as simple as that. The UK has entered into a couple of agreements that permit some claims, and the rights under these agreements are reciprocal. And if such an agreement is in play for a particular person, then rule 6B of the Immigration Rules permits them to proceed with the claim, even though they have a "No recourse to Public Funds" restriction on their visa.

So let's wait and see what answers I get back to the questions I pose above.
John

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:26 pm

One addition to this question is that Is CTF okay to take I am also on HSMP and just got FLR.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:43 pm

One addition to this question is that Is CTF okay to take I am also on HSMP and just got FLR.
My understanding is that the ability to take the CTF voucher is dependent upon the ability to get Child Benefit, and that depends upon the sort of issues already raised here.
John