ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SudhaS
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa

Post by SudhaS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Hi

I wish to apply for Tier 1 visa. I am married but right now I dont have enough funds to apply for my wife as well. I am planning to apply for her after going to UK and after getting settled there.
I have read on this forum that Applications get rejetced in case you dont apply for your spouse.

Could anyone advise what should I do in this case. My wife is also working in India.

Regards,
Sudhas

itsme
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent Visa

Post by itsme » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 pm

SudhaS wrote:Hi

I wish to apply for Tier 1 visa. I am married but right now I dont have enough funds to apply for my wife as well. I am planning to apply for her after going to UK and after getting settled there.
I have read on this forum that Applications get rejetced in case you dont apply for your spouse.

Could anyone advise what should I do in this case. My wife is also working in India.

Regards,
Sudhas
Dependant application is nothing to do with Primary
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:10 pm

SudhaS wrote:I have read on this forum that Applications get rejetced in case you dont apply for your spouse.
Can you please substantiate your claim by kindly providing us the link to the post(s) that say so / you have read.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 pm

SudhaS wrote:Hi

Regards,
Sudhas
The most important is the primary applicant and in as much you qualify and have the required maintenance funds, your wife shouldn't have any problem getting her visa. The major determinant from various cases here is the maintenance funds and if you can't proof that now it is better for you to secre your own visa and your wife can always come and join you later.

rem_aru
Newly Registered

Post by rem_aru » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:47 am

Just a query on the same subject.
Lets say, I show the maintenance funds of GBP2800 and apply for my visa. Once I come over to Uk and settle down, I would wish to bring my wife and kid over.
1. In this case, can I apply for their dependant visas from UK, or they will have to do this on their own from India?.
2. Also, how much maintenance fund needs to be shown for applying for 2 dependants once I am in UK?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:29 pm

rem_aru wrote:In this case, can I apply for their dependant visas from UK, or they will have to do this on their own from India?.
The application will be made in India, but you will then act as their sponsor and will be required to provide documentary evidence as per prescribed guidelines (e.g.- your income, adequate accommodation, maintenance fund etc.).
rem_aru wrote:2. Also, how much maintenance fund needs to be shown for applying for 2 dependants once I am in UK?
If you decide to sponsor a dependent application within 12 months of entering UK, you will need to show 1600 pounds for each dependent. If you make an application after 12 months of your stay in UK, then you will need to show 533 pounds for each dependent.

regards

yoga_yoga

Post by yoga_yoga » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Guys
dependant visa rules has changed again and they are back to what it was.

If you got HSMP before April then there is no maintaince funds need to be shown. contact VFS for mor einformation.

Regards
Yoga

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Hi Yoga,
any written confirmation? Is this officially documented somewhere?
regds
yoga_yoga wrote:Hi Guys
dependant visa rules has changed again and they are back to what it was.

If you got HSMP before April then there is no maintaince funds need to be shown. contact VFS for mor einformation.

Regards
Yoga

yoga_yoga

Post by yoga_yoga » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi
I called twice and even my wife called them to confirm on this one or two times. They said the same , it seems the rule has changed some 3 days back. Now theyare saying VAF2 form for dependant.
You can call them OR visit nearest VFS if you want. I am going ahaed with my wife and kids dependant with this.

Regards
yogesh

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:00 pm

yoga_yoga wrote:Hi
I called twice and even my wife called them to confirm on this one or two times. They said the same , it seems the rule has changed some 3 days back. Now theyare saying VAF2 form for dependant.
You can call them OR visit nearest VFS if you want. I am going ahaed with my wife and kids dependant with this.

Regards
yogesh
Different form for dependents (and that too is not confirmed) and change in rules are two completely different things. Have you seen anything to that effect on the BIA website??

rem_aru
Newly Registered

Post by rem_aru » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:53 am

sushdmehta wrote:If you decide to sponsor a dependent application within 12 months of entering UK, you will need to show 1600 pounds for each dependent. If you make an application after 12 months of your stay in UK, then you will need to show 533 pounds for each dependent.
If I decide to apply for my wife 2 months after reaching UK, how long would she have to wait to join me. One of the consultants out here was tellling me, she should wait for an year...which sounds illogical to me.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 am

Consultants :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your wife wants to, she can fly to UK on the very day she gets her passport with EC endorsed.

regards
rem_aru wrote:If I decide to apply for my wife 2 months after reaching UK, how long would she have to wait to join me. One of the consultants out here was tellling me, she should wait for an year...which sounds illogical to me.

vkm81
Newly Registered

Post by vkm81 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Hai Everyone,

Since the discussion is about dependent, I would need some advise regarding my entry clearance application as a dependent.

My wife got HSMP approval on 25th April. We are planning to apply for enetry clearance next week. However I returned from UK in October and got married in November. Since January 2008 I have been training under a consultant for which I am not payed. So what shall I do for my payslip submission for dependent documents??? Can I explain the same in the letter???

Please give me some advise on this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
vkm81

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm

Who says that only those who are (or have been) gainfully employed are eligible to apply for EC as dependents?? That would mean that housewives or family-makers will never be able to join their partners as dependents. :lol:

Get my point?

regards
vkm81 wrote:Hai Everyone,

Since the discussion is about dependent, I would need some advise regarding my entry clearance application as a dependent.

My wife got HSMP approval on 25th April. We are planning to apply for enetry clearance next week. However I returned from UK in October and got married in November. Since January 2008 I have been training under a consultant for which I am not payed. So what shall I do for my payslip submission for dependent documents??? Can I explain the same in the letter???

Please give me some advise on this. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
vkm81

vkm81
Newly Registered

Post by vkm81 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Thanks for the instant response. Yes I get your point. So can I mention the same in the covering letter??

Thanks
vkm81

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:24 pm

It is entrely up to you. Explanation provided here might help you get some more clarity on the issue.

regards

GKdada
Newly Registered

Wanna get dependts in UK

Post by GKdada » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:09 am

Hello everybody,

I got HSMP in month of FEB and then I applied for VISA stamping which I got successfully in month April.I got my HSMP apporval letter in India whereas I got stamped when I gone to UK in Februaury.
I have contacted VFS office for dependent visa for my wife and baby. They said thta Since i got HSMP approval before 29 Feb and got VISA stamping after 29 April after staying in UK then you have to fill VAF 10(I dont know whether its correct name) form and 51K visa fees for each dependents.But I am not sure whether this information is correct because VFS itself seems confused.I have some queries regarding this:
1. Shall I go to UK then apply for depedent visa from there?
2. What will be the criteria for maintainenance fund (for both the depedents)?
3. If it comes to maintainence fund shall I have to show my bank account details or wifes account details also will do?
4. if second depedent is infant then for him also I need to show same maintainance fund?
5. What documents and which form should I need to apply with?

Please help me out find the answers of above queies.I will be thankful to all.

Regards
GKdada

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Wanna get dependts in UK

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 pm

1. You will not be able to switch from within UK unless you enter UK in a visa category which allows you to switch in-country. Similarly, dependents will not be able to switch from within UK unless they have leave to enter as your dependents in any of the switchable visa categories. And *visit visa is definitely not* amongst those switchable categories . Please read through the Tier 1 policy guidance to know which visa categories are switchable visa categories.

2. You must maintain min. required balance every day for 3 months preceding your EC application. The min. balance amount requirements differ depending on where the main applicant is making an application from (for himself and his dependents). If applying from outside UK, the amount of min. required balance depends on the number of people intending to travel to UK in the 12 months of EC application. It's 2800 pounds for main applicant and 1600 pounds for *each* dependent. Read the Tier 1 policy guidance for more details. Als note that the VAF 9A form mentions that
Entry Clearance application form VAF9A wrote:You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant ccompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK.
3. Best to check with VFS on this. BHC seems to be changing the goal-posts quite frequently. There are indications (as posted on this forum) that joint accounts might no longer be acceptable by BHC, but the UKBA suggests that joint accounts are acceptable. In view of this uncertainity, I would recommend you to check with BHC directly. Assuming joint accounts are not accepted then - For main applicants, the evidence has to be in the form of bank account in their own name. For dependents, the evidence can be in form of an account held in the main applicant's name and / or an acount held in the name of the dependent.

4. Explained in 2.

5. I'll let other users confirm this to you as my information will be based on what is published on VFS website and not practical experience.

regards
GKdada wrote:Hello everybody,

I got HSMP in month of FEB and then I applied for VISA stamping which I got successfully in month April.I got my HSMP apporval letter in India whereas I got stamped when I gone to UK in Februaury.
I have contacted VFS office for dependent visa for my wife and baby. They said thta Since i got HSMP approval before 29 Feb and got VISA stamping after 29 April after staying in UK then you have to fill VAF 10(I dont know whether its correct name) form and 51K visa fees for each dependents.But I am not sure whether this information is correct because VFS itself seems confused.I have some queries regarding this:
3. If it comes to maintainence fund shall I have to show my bank account details or wifes account details also will do?
4. if second depedent is infant then for him also I need to show same maintainance fund?

Regards
GKdada
Last edited by geriatrix on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

parthasarathy
Newly Registered

Post by parthasarathy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:34 pm

VFS office say that you can apply with just GBP 2800 if applying only for Self. In this case what needs to be filled in Section 5.1 "is your partner accompanyin you or joining you later". Do we need to give partner details.???

Can anybody suggest.

--
sushdmehta wrote:1. You will not be able to switch from within UK unless you enter UK in a visa category which allows you to switch in-country. Similarly, dependents will not be able to switch from within UK unless they have leave to enter your dependents in any of the switchable visa categories. And *visit visa is definitely not* amongst those switchable categories . Please read through the Tier 1 policy guidance to kow which visa categories are switchable visa categories.

2. You must maintain min. required balance every day for 3 months preceding your EC application. The min. balance amount requirements differ depending on where the main applicant is making an application from (for himself and his dependents). If applying from outside UK, the amount of min. required balance depends on the number of people intending to travel to UK in the 12 months of EC application. It's 2800 pounds for main applicant and 1600 pounds for *each* dependent. Read the Tier 1 policy guidance for more details. Als note that the VAF 9A form mentions that
Entry Clearance application form VAF9A wrote:You must have £2,800 available funds for yourself plus £1,600 for each dependant ccompanying you or intending to join you in the UK within 12 months of your arrival in the UK.
3. Best to check with VFS on this. BHC seems to be changing the goal-posts quite frequently. There are indications (as posted on this forum) that joint accounts might no longer be acceptable, so best to check with BHC/VFS beforehand. For main applicant, the evidence has to be in the form of bank account in their own name. For dependents, the evidence can be in form of an account held in the main applicant's name and / or an acount held in the name of the dependent.

4. Explained in 1.

5. I'll let other users confirm this to you as my information will be based on what is published on VFS website and not practical experience.

regards

Regards
GKdada

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 pm

parthasarathy wrote:VFS office say that you can apply with just GBP 2800 if applying only for Self. In this case what needs to be filled in Section 5.1 "is your partner accompanyin you or joining you later". Do we need to give partner details.???
I also believe (personally) that if one is not making dependent application(s) concurrently with the main applicant's application, then evidence of maintenance funds of 2800 should be sufficient. But unfortunately, the form seems to suggest otherwise (as highlighted in my earlier post). Therefore, I would recommend that you check with BHC directly, rather than taking VFS's word on the matter (or mine).

Irrespective of whether dependents are travelling to UK alongwith main applicant or joining him later, their details should be entered. If you are uncertain about your dependents' travel plans, explain so clearly in Part 7.
5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.
regards

parthasarathy
Newly Registered

Post by parthasarathy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:53 am

Hi,
Thanks for the info. I called Chennai high commision and they call center they told GBP 2800 is enought is applying only for Self. But they are not helping in filling the form.

I am not sure the question 5.1 should be Yes or No.
5.1 form 9: Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?? Should this be Yes or No. This I am not very sure. and I guess I will have to give dependent details in anycase.

regards,
sushdmehta wrote:
parthasarathy wrote:VFS office say that you can apply with just GBP 2800 if applying only for Self. In this case what needs to be filled in Section 5.1 "is your partner accompanyin you or joining you later". Do we need to give partner details.???
I also believe (personally) that if one is not making dependent application(s) concurrently with the main applicant's application, then evidence of maintenance funds of 2800 should be sufficient. But unfortunately, the form seems to suggest otherwise (as highlighted in my earlier post). Therefore, I would recommend that you check with BHC directly, rather than taking VFS's word on the matter (or mine).

Irrespective of whether dependents are travelling to UK alongwith main applicant or joining him later, their details should be entered. If you are uncertain about your dependents' travel plans, explain so clearly in Part 7.
5.1 Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later? If they are travelling later please provide their date of travel in Part 7.
regards

karthi305
Newly Registered

same problem

Post by karthi305 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:07 am

i am also having same problem anad post my queries in this forum.

i have contacted VFS, still yet to get reply from them.

has any member got EC in TIER with depandants.

GKdada
Newly Registered

Post by GKdada » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks for details information sushdmehta
BUt some queries are still there for me.As I mentioned VFS office itself unsure about maintainaince fund ,documnets and even about fee structure.
Basic docs like sponsers letter ,passport, marraige certificates ,I can understand but about bank statements ,VFS associate told me like 'We dont see main. fund as such.You can show up whatever you can'.THesee answers cudnt be helpful.

Could you please tell me about which form I need to submitt and what will be the visa fee?

regards
sushdmehta wrote:1. You will not be able to switch from within UK unless you enter UK in a visa category which allows you to switch in-country. Similarly, dependents will not be able to switch from within UK unless they have leave to enter as your dependents in any of the switchable visa categories. And *visit visa is definitely not* amongst those switchable categories . Please read through the Tier 1 policy guidance to know which visa categories are switchable visa categories.

3. Best to check with VFS on this. BHC seems to be changing the goal-posts quite frequently. There are indications (as posted on this forum) that joint accounts might no longer be acceptable by BHC, but the UKBA suggests that joint accounts are acceptable. In view of this uncertainity, I would recommend you to check with BHC directly. Assuming joint accounts are not accepted then - For main applicants, the evidence has to be in the form of bank account in their own name. For dependents, the evidence can be in form of an account held in the main applicant's name and / or an acount held in the name of the dependent.

4. Explained in 2.

regards

Regards
GKdada

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:21 pm

GKdada wrote:Could you please tell me about which form I need to submitt and what will be the visa fee?
Reading this and this might be useful.

regards