ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to file EC application under TIER-1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabsha

How to file EC application under TIER-1

Post by nabsha » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:31 am

Glossary:
[HSMP-EC(Entry Clearence under old HSMP)]
[Tier-1 EC(HSMP approved under old rules but Entry Clearence under new rules)]

Hi,

I have filed my HSMP application (under old rules) and now am waiting for a decision to be made on my application.
As it is clear that Tier-1 will be enforced from 30th Jun, 08, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding the change,
- How much Tier-1 EC is different from HSMP-EC?
- Do I need additional documents for Tier-1 EC than HSMP EC?
- I have arranged Gift money from someone to fulfill maintenance requirement. Is there any minimum time limitation for keeping that money in my account for Tier-1 EC(like 3 months)?
- Are there any other issues than HSMP-EC, that I should be aware of about Tier-1 EC?

regards,
- Nabsha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 pm

The HSMP "old rules" ceased to exist from 05-Dec-06. So essentially, you have applied for HSMP (and not Tier 1, if this is what you wanted to point out).

In all likelihood, the requirements for EC under Tier 1 for all countires from 30-Jun will be similar to those currently in place in India, but it would be best to check with local BHCs or VACs on country-specific procedures and guidelines.

The most prominent difference is the new requirement of maintenance funds where you must maintain the minimum required balance everyday in your account for at least 3 months. In India, the minimum balance needed for main applicant is 2800 pounds and 1600 pounds for each dependent. The other major difference is the use of new Visa Application Forms (VAF) for EC applications under Tier 1.

Best that you check with local BHC / VACs in your country for more (and accurate) detals of changes when Tier 1 is introduced on 30-Jun.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!