ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR Online before the 28 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leo0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying ILR Online before the 28 days

Post by Leo0608 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:44 am

Hello All!

Hope things are good at your end!

I came to UK on 15-May-2014, and five years will be over on 14-May-2019.

I applied for ILR online on3rd April 2019, but I have not uploaded any supporting documents yet.

The direct appointment is on 24th April 2019.

Just worried whether there will be any issues as it was applied online before 28 days time period.

Please advise....

Regards,

XX

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying ILR Online before the 28 days

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 am

What is your visa route to ILR??

Note that the date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT the date of your UKCVAS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leo0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Leo0608 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:30 pm

hi,

What needs to be done now?

Should the current application be cancelled and a fresh one needs to be applied ?

Please advise...

Regards,

XX

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:09 am
What is your visa route to ILR??
Please answer this question and what your initial visa start date was and the date of entry to the UK. There are different rules on qualifying start date for different visa categories!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Leo0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Leo0608 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi,

I was granted Tier 2 General Visa with Start date : 15-May-2014 & end date : 14-June-2017and I landed in the UK on 15-May 2014.

I was granted Second Tier 2 General Visa 24-April-2017 & end date 15-May-2020

Five years ends on 14-May-2019.

The online application and fees payment was done on 3rd April 2019, but i have not yet uploaded the supporting documents yet.

The direct appointment is on 24-April-2019.

Hope I have provided all the required information.

Regards,
XX

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 pm

While the date of the application is the date of online submission, case workers use the date which is most beneficial to the applicant. So if you are eligible on the day of the decision then you should face no issues
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:21 am

Zimba wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:28 pm
While the date of the application is the date of online submission, case workers use the date which is most beneficial to the applicant. So if you are eligible on the day of the decision then you should face no issues
Do that mean if you are on set m and Your qualification date begins from 10th of month x , then you can submit application on 1st on month x and upload Document and biometric appointment on 10th of month x ? Since the date of decision will be after uploaded doucments

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:28 am

Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 am

@zimba there have been cases reported on this forum where members were refused for applying too early as the date of online application submission is the date of application. It depends on the CW if he takes the later date to be more beneficial for the applicant though.

You get 45 working days to book an appointment with UKVCAS. For example one applies 45 working days before the eligibility date and books appointment on the 45th day will his application be successful as CW will take that date to be date of application?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

Case workers must follow the guidance. The cases I have seen are the ones who applied early and were refused as they were NOT even eligible on the day of the decision

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am
Case workers must follow the guidance. The cases I have seen are the ones who applied early and were refused as they were NOT even eligible on the day of the decision

👍
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tallywithme
Mood:
South Africa

Post by Tallywithme » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 am

Hey folks, I just wanted to know. When counting the 28 days, are weekends and holidays counted together with the working days? Seeing as there's a strict rule, I just need to make sure. I am just about 28 days tomorrow. Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

It is simply 28 days. That is all

Leo0608
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Leo0608 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Dear All,

I would like to confirm that I got the ILR approved on the same day of my appointment which is 24-April-2019.

Thank you for all your kind suggestions!

So, out of my experience, it does not matter when you apply online and make the payment, but it is mandatory that you choose the appointment date within the 28 days prior to the end of your 5 years stay in the UK.

Please ensure that all the documents are precise as well.

I waited till the previous day of my appointment date, to upload the supporting documents.

Regards,

XX

jafersadeq
United Kingdom

Post by jafersadeq » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Leo0608 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Dear All,

I would like to confirm that I got the ILR approved on the same day of my appointment which is 24-April-2019.

So, out of my experience, it does not matter when you apply online and make the payment, but it is mandatory that you choose the appointment date within the 28 days prior to the end of your 5 years stay in the UK.

I waited till the previous day of my appointment date, to upload the supporting documents.

Regards,

XX
Congratulations

Dear Moderators,
I refer to the discrepancy between:

1-You can apply for settlement up to 28 days before you will reach the end of the qualifying period, if you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.

2-Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backwards from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of the decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application

That means they accept the application submitted earlier than 28 days but the decision within the 28 days.

So, how can you inform them about that if you apply earlier than 28 days to avoid refusal

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:23 am

This should be understood clearly i.e.

The truth is that the date of the application is the date you submit your home office application form.

However, the decision will be made after they have received your documents. So if your documents submission date is within the 28 days to meeting your qualified period then you are fine. This is clearly stated in the guidance.

Simply put, the most important date here is the date for the documents submission date i.e. should be within the 28 days.

I sometimes get confused with why the moderators in the forum don't advise people this way but always encourage applicants to only submit HO application from the date the 28days begins.

Maybe someone can explain.

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:35 am

jafersadeq wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:04 pm
Leo0608 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 pm
Dear All,

Regards,

XX
Congratulations

Dear Moderators,
I refer to the discrepancy between:

1-You can apply for settlement up to 28 days before you will reach the end of the qualifying period, if you apply earlier than that, your application may be refused.

2-Applicants can submit a settlement application up to 28 days before they would reach the end of the specified period.
You must calculate the relevant qualifying period by counting backwards from whichever of the following is most beneficial to the applicant:
• the date of application
• the date of the decision
• any date up to 28 days after the date of application

That means they accept the application submitted earlier than 28 days but the decision within the 28 days.

So, how can you inform them about that if you apply earlier than 28 days to avoid refusal

The case worker will count from the date the he/she is making the decision.and I.e. after your documents are submitted and not just your HO application forms.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed May 01, 2019 12:24 pm

To be in a safer side and your peace of mind, you should not submit your application before 28 days qualifying period.
For any reason, you don't want the case worker (CW) to reject your application.
If rejected, you may need to reapply or apply for administrator review which will delay your approval date, money, time etc.
CWs are like us only so they can do mistakes. I don't think anyone applying for ILR wants to take this risk.