ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa -Time Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tammy123
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa -Time Question

Post by tammy123 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Soon im due to apply for a finace visa for my other half. However I have not physically seen him since Feb 07.

The reason for this is becuase when i came back home in Feb '07 i told my parents of our wish to get married, they are happy for us and support us but in my culture once the parents know its not seen as 'right' for the boy and girl to be meeting up. We have also been waiting for him to finish his last year at College, thats why it couldnt be sooner.

Anyway my question is will the fact that it has now been some time since we have seen each other in person be held against us when we apply?

I do have alot of evidence to show that we have stayed in touch daily since though.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:33 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tammy123
Newly Registered

Post by tammy123 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 pm

We have met of course..i have flewn ovr to see him 4 times. But does the fact that the last time i saw him was over a year ago going to reflect badly?

mym
Member of Standing

Post by mym » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 pm

No, not with your evidence of frequent contact.
--
Mark Y-M
London

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:41 am

Tammy I note you've posted elsewhere and you have a solicitor. You should ask him/her to check caselaw on separation and reference it in anticipation of any problems. They shouldn't just be giving up at this early stage.

As well as your cultural background, he/she could also cite comparisions with married British military who are posted abroad for several years with infrequent contact with their spouses. And start building up additional evidence of contact now.
Oh, the drama...!

waiting8
Newly Registered

Post by waiting8 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:13 am

It should be fine aslong as you show all emails and phone bills showing you have stayed in contact and if you have photo's of you 2 together is a massive help.
If you were applying for a defacto visa they would see it as a breakdown in the relationship. But for a fiancee they just need evidence of your sponser to be able to support you until you are married..
I have submitted my application 8 weeks ago for the same visa and haven't heard a thing. very annoying