ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assitance for maintenance fund proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajat
Newly Registered

Assitance for maintenance fund proof

Post by Rajat » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:10 pm

Hi Guys,

new to this forum..i want to file my tier 1 from india.

got an information that some banks assist with maintenance funds by creating an account for us, and making it look like as if it existed for the past 3 months?. Anyone has any clues how this works? If anyone has availed this service from any of the banks in Bangalore, please let me know the details.

TIA,
Rajat

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Why do you guys even wish to resort to such tactics and then openly advertise the same on a public forum like this? Do you understand that such messages may impact those who apply with genuine evidence.

This forum is not for advising on how to create fraudulent documents.

regards,

push_hsmp

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Assitance for maintenance fund proof

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:28 pm

Now that is what I would call a "highly skilled" jugaad :lol: :lol:

Jokes apart, take the advice given above seriously and refrain from posting such queries ... if not for your own benefit, then for the good of others who use this forum.

Also, don't even think of doing something of this sort in real life ... unless you don't mind being charged with submitting fraudulent information and being slapped with a time bound ban on entering UK. Will shatter your dreams of a globe-trotting career (if you have one, that is)!!

regards
Rajat wrote:got an information that some banks assist with maintenance funds by creating an account for us, and making it look like as if it existed for the past 3 months?. Anyone has any clues how this works? If anyone has availed this service from any of the banks in Bangalore, please let me know the details.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Rajat
Newly Registered

Post by Rajat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:50 am

Oh...my sincere apologies for sounding like I wanted to spoil the decorum of this form. That was not my intention at all.

On the same topic, just want to understand what are the funds that can be shown as evidence. So say FD is acceptable, some say it is not....

How about shares, ULIPs, NRE accounts etc? If any of these are accepted, how do furnish evidence for them?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:59 am

Some posts on the forum suggest that FDs are acceptable if supported by a letter from bank confirming the amount to be readily available / accessible to the holder.

Shares / ULIPs / PF / PPF / Insurance etc. are not liquid funds or savings and not accepted as evidence of maintenance funds.

NRE / NRO savings accounts should be acceptable as because these are saving accounts. For NRE/NRO fixed deposits, a letter from bank will be required (as explained above).

regards

Rajat
Newly Registered

Post by Rajat » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 am

Shares are not liquid funds? We do have access to them at any point in time and they do not have a lock-in period as well right?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:52 am

We all understand that, but the question is, does BHC agree?? Only they can tell ... so write to them and get them to confirm that these are acceptable evidence. They are the authority as far as Tier 1 / ECs are concerned, right ??

regards
Rajat wrote:Shares are not liquid funds? We do have access to them at any point in time and they do not have a lock-in period as well right?

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi, I agree that Shares are liquid funds in the sense you can sell them immediately and make cash. But the point why BHC do not accept shares is this: The value of shares is not constant as the stock market is volatile. Suppose if they grant you EC on current value of stocks, and sometime in future you need to have access funds (because you still didn't find a job), then the value of stocks may be very very less than 2800 pounds.

This is only my personal opinion that this is the reason BHC do not accept shares or mutual funds.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Rajat wrote:Hi Guys,

new to this forum..i want to file my tier 1 from india.

got an information that some banks assist with maintenance funds by creating an account for us, and making it look like as if it existed for the past 3 months?. Anyone has any clues how this works? If anyone has availed this service from any of the banks in Bangalore, please let me know the details.

TIA,
Rajat
Highly skilled visa category but poorly drafted query.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Hi

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Bulls Eye !!

regards
ganeshptrk wrote:Hi, I agree that Shares are liquid funds in the sense you can sell them immediately and make cash. But the point why BHC do not accept shares is this: The value of shares is not constant as the stock market is volatile. Suppose if they grant you EC on current value of stocks, and sometime in future you need to have access funds (because you still didn't find a job), then the value of stocks may be very very less than 2800 pounds