ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gwayokwu
Newly Registered
England

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by gwayokwu » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:20 pm

My situation looks complicated. I have lived here for 12 years and three months. I was married to EU citizen but now divorced. A lawyer messed my application up due to my ignorance about Extension of 5 years rule if your marriage is dissolved before the first 5yrs expires. Now, having been deceived by this lawyer, I used the route of my children because they are EU citizens. Now, I had problems with my ex and she connived with the social services and succeeded in denying me direct contact with the children. I was stopped from work for 11 months when I made the first application and it was finally issued last July.
After 9 months, the same judge for the third time wrote to home office advising that I no longer have direct contact with my children. Now, home office wrote to me informing me that the 2,5 years permit has been curtailed. They gave me deadline of June 14th 2019 to change my status or leave the country. They went further to advice me that I have options to change my status.
Now, I have lived here for 12 years plus. I am trying to follow the long stay (10years)rule. I have taken the Life in UK test since 2013 but do not have the English proficiency certificate. I made online application and specified that I cannot provide that. Still the online application listed the things I must provide but did not list the English certificate. Please, can someone advise me on this.

Moderator edit: No need to post passages in enormous text. :idea:

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by bizman » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm

You have to write the English test. It’s not a hard test. Book it and do it as soon as possible and let HO know this so they can hold on for it before their decision.
Bizman