ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse settlement entry visa - updates

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse settlement entry visa - updates

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:27 am

Due to lot of changes, updates summarised

I can confirm based on the evidence gathered from the group that supporting documents are no longer sent to Sheffield although we have heard two reports regarding this.

1. Some members supporting document were rejected i.e. P.O Box no longer in use.

2. Some members supporting documents were signed for.

Some members also called the UKVI helpline for advice and were strongly advised to go to one of the centre in UK to scan their supporting documents.

We will recommend that applicants should visit their local VFS/TLS in their respective country to find out the way in which supporting documents are submitted even though some of the staff in some countries are not AWARE of the recent changes and has no clue except to tell applicants to send supporting documents to SHEFFIELD. ( Please check to confirm first).

As far as we know, Visa4uk & Access UK are still currently in use at the moment.

How does the applicant submit their supporting documents to UKVI in Sheffield?

1. You can self-upload your supporting documents yourself before you attend your biometrics (UKAccess applicants only)
or scan them at the local VFS/TLS centre(applicants should inquire with their local VFS/TLS first before proceeding).

2. Your sponsor can do walk-in services to scan your supporting documents at one of the centre in UK for a fee of £75.(VFS customer only).

As we know that some countries do not have VFS except TLS so the option 2 above can ONLY be used by applicants whose country offers VFS ONLY while applicants whose country offer TLS should either scan their supporting documents themselves or take it to their biometrics for scanning.

If applicants decide to use visa4uk or Access UK, we strongly recommend you to fill APPENDIX 2 even though it is currently incorporated into the new Access UK website.
We have had some members argues that it is NOT needed.

we urge members to include it as there’s no HARM in including it since UKVI have yet to discontinued or instruct applicants to stop filling the APPENDIX 2 however, some members have also reported that APPENDIX 2 is among the checklist of evidence to be submitted.

We are also aware of problems such as booking appointment, uploading supporting documents and using one of the VFS centres in the UK.

Note: These updates is based on the experience of members who have recently submitted their application and we urge members to research and research before submitting their application in order to know how to proceed and which OPTIONS is best for your situation.

shsherin01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse settlement entry visa - updates

Post by shsherin01 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm

My husband is applying from North Cyprus.
We used the Visa4UK website to complete the spouse settlement visa.
After the online application was completed, we were then directed to register on the TLSContact website however there was no registration option on the page.
The appointment has been made and we're going to go along not really knowing what it means for our documents. I would prefer to self scan but I'm not sure if they will register us at the visa application centre and allow us to self upload after the appointment or whether they will take the documents and scan there. It does say the appointment is 10 minutes however I am sure it would take more than that just to scan these documents.
The TLSContact has links to a document that suggests the documents should be sent to Sheffield also. My mind is blown.

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rmkirfan » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:27 am

shsherin01 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:25 pm
My husband is applying from North Cyprus.
We used the Visa4UK website to complete the spouse settlement visa.
After the online application was completed, we were then directed to register on the TLSContact website however there was no registration option on the page.
The appointment has been made and we're going to go along not really knowing what it means for our documents. I would prefer to self scan but I'm not sure if they will register us at the visa application centre and allow us to self upload after the appointment or whether they will take the documents and scan there. It does say the appointment is 10 minutes however I am sure it would take more than that just to scan these documents.
The TLSContact has links to a document that suggests the documents should be sent to Sheffield also. My mind is blown.
Selfupload option is only available for UKAccess applicants, but not for Visa4UK applicants Im afraid.
TLS can upload your documents for free. I think this is more suitable if you have all documents. You don't have to send to Sheffield again. Infact you cant send documents to Sheffield any more (although there are view applicants reported they had to send to Sheffield according to their situation),Now its changed to walk in VFS centres across UK.

Basically its your choice to
1)scan at TLS for free at biometric app or
2)Scan at UK centres for fee £75.

Further details in link below.

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/au/en/vacs/ ... -documents

shsherin01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shsherin01 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:29 pm

That's super, thank you very much. I would have never found that page!

We'll go along to the biometrics with the supporting documents however I think they won't be able to scan them there (I believe the VAC is a meeting room in the Hotel so doubt they will have a heavy duty scanner).
In which case, I'll definitely do the walk in into the London VAC once I get back to the UK. Can applications originating from any country use the London VAC?

Lfarley39442
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Lfarley39442 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am

Please contact me having same issues tls names lisa mobile number removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:02 am

Lfarley39442 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:55 am
Please contact me having same issues tls names lisa mobile number removed by moderator
I suggest you read the forum rules as you were required to do when joining the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.