ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence card. Initial three months req.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Residence card. Initial three months req.

Post by Anamkhan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:37 pm

I requested a paper application form from EU resolution centre on 30 March but still haven’t received the form. Called them today and was told they haven’t got the permission yet to release the forms !!!

So I have decided to apply for a UK residence card for my husband because he was declined a few jobs as the employers don’t believe he has a proper visa. His passport says “ admitted under Eea regulation” but that’s not satisfactory to them and we are running out of savings so my question

We arrived in March . It’s not been 3 months yet. We have been using our savings . Do I need to show that I have been self sufficient and does my non Eea spouse need to have comprehensive sickness insurance ?

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Re: Residence card. Initial three months req.

Post by jmedina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:58 pm

Employers should not have a problem employing him with the "Admitted" EEA stamp, but that's how it is, unfortunately.
You need some big savings in order to apply as self sufficient, about 18,000 pounds for the couple. And yes, you will need CSI.
You should rather get a job or demonstrate you are a job seeker.
Did you try to apply for the EU Settlement Scheme? It is less complex.

Anamkhan
Afghanistan

Post by Anamkhan » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:05 pm

I thought the first three months upon return the British national does not need to be qualified ??

Settlement scheme doesn’t have the Online application option for Surinder singers and they are not posting out paper application yet either

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:33 pm

You don't need to be qualified. Your husband will certainly have to have CSI after 3 months if you remain under "self-sufficient" category.
If you write a cover letter explaining all your circumstances it will definitely help. I've read your previous posts - you sound very convincing.
I, myself, had no proof of living together with my husband apart from my name on tax papers. No bills, no tenancy agreements, no school correspendence on my name. Because everything was in my husband's name. We didn't have joint bank account either, I just used his card. So natural. We just didn't think it would become so important in the future. Anyway, the HO, being unpredictable, decided that we were a genuine case (I had FP though) and granted a card.
As to Settlement Scheme, I got an email yesterday saying: paper form will be dispatched to you in due course.

jmedina
Mood:
Argentina

Post by jmedina » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:46 pm

Anamkhan wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:05 pm
I thought the first three months upon return the British national does not need to be qualified ??

Settlement scheme doesn’t have the Online application option for Surinder singers and they are not posting out paper application yet either
You are right, you don't need to be qualified on the first three months. However, the application for RC for Family Member doesn't take into consideration applying to it during the first three months. It only gives you the option to choose out of the 5 kind of qualified person available. I have a very similar situation, wanting to apply for the RC right after arrival, but even though there is no minimum residence time before applying, looks like the system is not designed for applying on the initial 3 months.