ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need visa for uk

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Saqib46
Newly Registered
Ireland

Do I need visa for uk

Post by Saqib46 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:30 pm

Am spouse of British citizen and residing in Ireland having stamp 4. Do I need visa for uk to visit. We will travel together.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Do I need visa for uk

Post by littlerr » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:01 am

British spouse living in Ireland should have a Stamp 4EUFAM which allows visa free travel if you travel with your spouse. If you hold a regular Stamp 4 you will need a visa.

REW
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by REW » Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am

I thought depends on which country you originally from? The reason why I said that, one of my friend who’s is British citizen and her husband is from South Africa they both living in Ireland and he have the stamp 4EUFAM, every time he travel alone or together with his British wife to UK (even transfer through UK airport) he need to apply for visa!

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Thu May 09, 2019 10:30 am

Your friend appears to have been misguided as generally speaking if you are in the possession of a EUFAM (Residence Card) and travel with the EU Citizen you should be allowed entry to the UK. In classic British fashion they are being difficult as I had a similar experience travelling to the UK whereby the immigration officer said I should really get a UK Visa. I was quick and polite to point out the EU Treaty and what my rights are. This prompted a grumpy officer to discuss the case with a senior officer who confirmed my right of passage if you like and allowed entry to the UK. I could’ve been more difficult and ask the officer not to stamp the passport with a “48 hour permission” as this is also not required but, life’s too short to argue with ill-informed officers and I got what I wanted (I was transiting overnight through the UK)

Your case is different as you have a Temporary Stamp 4 which Littlerr has correctly explained it to you.