ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early FLR Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gsenthil77
Newly Registered

Early FLR Extension

Post by gsenthil77 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi ,

I am currently in HSMP and my HSMP will expire on Mar/2009.

Could you please let me know whether i can apply for extension now i.e around 8 months in advance. I have sufficient evidence to claim the necessary points.

I remember some people have discussed the same and were able to get their extension well before their expiry.

Regards,
Senthil

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Early FLR Extension

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 pm

gsenthil77 wrote:I remember some people have discussed the same and were able to get their extension well before their expiry.
If you already know of success of early applications, then why the query? The rules have not changed in the recent past. This is what the UKBA website says:
When and how to apply wrote:We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.
Though there is no hard and fast rule about it (unlike ILR applications where you must not apply before 28 days of expiry), I am not too sure if UKBA will consider an early application without a valid reason .... more so in present scenario where in existing workload has forced them to stretch their service levels to almost 10 weeks.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

gsenthil77
Newly Registered

Post by gsenthil77 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi,

I remember people getting their extension earlier during HSMP days when we didnt had the concept of Tier1. I would like to know whether anyone has tried earlier extension now in Tier1.

Regards,
Senthil

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:36 am

You can apply early, you don't need a reason.
________
350gtv