ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Refusal for my wife on the basis of English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheikhatherali
Newly Registered

ILR Application Refusal for my wife on the basis of English language

Post by sheikhatherali » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi All,

My wife applied for ILR couple of months back, as she has completed 5 year on Tier 1 dependent visa.

We just got a letter of refusal from Home office mentioning that the ILR application is refused under Paragraph 319E (g) of the Immigration Rules with reference to Appendix KoLL.

my wife appeared in IELTS exam back in 2014 and used the result of the exam in her entry clearance to UK application in 2014, Gov website (https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications) clearly mentions that
Applying to settle in the UK
You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if both of the following are true:

- it’s on the current list of recognised tests
- it was accepted for another UK immigration application, for example when you got permission to enter
We did mention all the details in cover letter, that she appeared in the exam in 2014 and used it in the permission to enter UK application hence the IELTs results of 2014 should be considered.

I'm about to file the administrative review but before that, i though to discuss it here, for any directions suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Application Refusal for my wife on the basis of English language

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:13 pm

Tier 1 dependents were not and still are not required to meet the English requirement for their visas (entry clearance and extensions). So she has not used her test for an immigration application previously, regardless if it was submitted, as the rules did not require it and it would have been disregarded before.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.