ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(LR) or ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

ILR SET(LR) or ILR SET (M)

Post by smuk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Hello there

I got some dilemma regarding ILR application.
I entered UK on 25 August 2008. 10 year completed on 24 August 2018.

At the moment I am in Tier 2 General Visa –
which was granted on 02 June 2014 & will Expire on 03 May 2019. (4 years, 11 months, 2 days).

My wife (Tier 2 dependent) visa granted on 16 Nov 2015, & will expire on 03 May 2019. She entered UK visa tier 2 dependent visa.

My question
1)      Should I apply ILR SET – LR. If I apply this route then what visa my wife should apply.
2)      ILR SET - M – But I believe I am sort by 1 or 2 days.
3)      I have the option to extend Tier 2 for another 1 year. I can apply this and vary later if i am not eligible to apply ILR via tier 2 route by few days. It is just a plan for worst case scenario.

Please advise which visa we should apply that is better for me and my wife as well.

Thank you for your help.
Shaurav

smuk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Re: ILR SET(LR) or ILR SET (M)

Post by smuk » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:06 pm

sorry it should be read

ILR SET(LR) or ILR SET (O)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(LR) or ILR SET (M)

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:59 am

1. If you apply based on long residence, she must apply for FLR(M) and meet the English and financial requirements. Her application will not be decided until your ILR is and you need to make it clear that her application should be held pending your ILR one.

2. Why did you not apply for ILR LR last year already when you reached 10 years? You have really left it very late to ask questions if your visas expire on Friday.

3. Your choice, you need a UCoS etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.