ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of application, taken for a ride

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paresh1

Withdrawal of application, taken for a ride

Post by paresh1 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:29 pm

Looking at the current processing date, it looks like HO is taking everybody for a ride. I am really scared about fate of our original documents. I have applied thru' a consultant with a heavy consultation fees. Does anybody know whether I can get my agency fees and 150 GBP back in case I decide to withdraw my application.

bani

Post by bani » Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:44 pm

You cannot get the £150 application fee back. As for the agency fees, you'll have to ask them directly. It's best to just let your application get processed if you can wait.

MGazan

Post by MGazan » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:15 am

My suggestion is you better wait, it might be worth waiting.
Don't worry and keep faith.

I dont think you would be able to get any money back if you withdraw your application because it is your decision.

zimbo_100
Newly Registered

Post by zimbo_100 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:14 am

Yeah... why does the HO continue to publish on a weekly basis, that applicants should allow 26 weeks from date of application for HSMP. I am heading for the EIGTH month since application. Does this mean the HO has made a decision, and then my originals have been posted back and lost or not? Who knows because they make it impossible to contact them. All we ask for is some honest and useful information.
Or, why not simply make a copy of valuable documents when they are received at HO, and then return the originals? I think to demand submission of valuable original documentation for an indefinate amount of time is ridiculous.

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:45 am

Paresh,

It has been repeatedtly suggested in this forum if one has to qualify for HSMP he/she will without any agent etc.

My friend had submitted his case last year for HSMP through www.workpermit.com and was rejected. The agent assured him they are convinced for his case and suggested him to go ahead with no win no fees basis. Unfortunely the workpermit.com case worker didnt know much about HSMP and his case was rejected at the end. If one do some leg work on his own then there is no need for the agent at all.

You have wated your money I think. Anyways I wish you all the best..

Chris

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:25 pm

I would agree to this. I had applied through consultant with hefty charges, and was successful in getting the approval. I thought it was worth it initially, but my other friends got HSMP approval by directly applying after doing some research and only paying the application fees. It is better to apply on your own.