ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Keith12
United Kingdom

Sponsor

Post by Keith12 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:40 am

Hello...im really sorry i could'nt find relevant post for this quiry.
Application pending with home office .Can i sponsor my mom to come to uk so that she can stay with us for few month or is their any other way.
What supporting document required.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Sponsor

Post by zimba » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:42 pm

There is no such a thing as a 'UK sponsor' for a standard short stay visa. It is generally your mother who has to provide all the documents and evidence to satisfy the UKVI officers in order to secure a visa. She certainly needs fully paid return tickets, evidence or a letter that she will stay with you and a copy of your residence permit/visa and some evidence of finances.

There are NO specific documents so she needs to supply as many documents as she can to satisfy the visa officer

https://www.gov.uk/apply-standard-visitor-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:23 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:42 pm
There is no such a thing as a 'UK sponsor' for a standard short stay visa. It is generally your mother who has to provide all the documents and evidence to satisfy the UKVI officers in order to secure a visa. She certainly needs fully paid return tickets, evidence or a letter that she will stay with you and a copy of your residence permit/visa and some evidence of finances.

There are NO specific documents so she needs to supply as many documents as she can to satisfy the visa officer

https://www.gov.uk/apply-standard-visitor-visa
Thanks.. very nice of you.
My only concern is . Will home office accept my BRP copy and a covering letter becoz my BRP got expired long ago.
These are two thing in need to send and the rest of the documents should from my mom's end.

Keith12
United Kingdom

Post by Keith12 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:11 pm

Thanks.. very nice of you.
My only concern is . Will home office accept my BRP copy and a covering letter becoz my BRP got expired long ago.
These are two thing in need to send and the rest of the documents should from my mom's end.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 am

What type of application is pending for you?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:12 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:38 am
What type of application is pending for you?
Tier 1 Ent is seems and considering varying to SET(LR) :idea:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-query-t2 ... l#p1772650
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.