ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit application: New documentation required?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AR1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EEA Family permit application: New documentation required?

Post by AR1991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:44 am

Hello everyone,

I have made an application for an EEA family permit for my non-EU wife using the gov.uk website. Under the evidence section, I am asked to tick the documents which will be submitted with the application (as below).

There are 'Mandatory documents' and 'Other documents'. I have ticked all the mandatory documents. However, for other documents, I initially ticked the first two documents (proof of EEA nationals passport and evidence proving the EEA as a qualified person).

However, the website would not allow me to proceed without ticking all the documents. Due to this error, I had to tick all documents and submit the application.

My question is: Would my Non-EU wife need to submit all these documents at the time of her appointment (other documents: bank statements, utility bills, etc. etc.)? I know that these are not even required under EU law but I am confused.

These are the only documents being submitted:
-Applicants passport (Non-EU)
-EU sponsors passport (certified copy)
-Letter from EU sponsors employer
-EU Sponsors wage slips
-Declaration letter from EU National
-Marriage certificate
-Photographs

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,
Antonio

NatCam
Georgia

Re: EEA Family permit application: New documentation required?

Post by NatCam » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Are you a British citizen? From your second post it looks you are British?
The application form looks so much different from what it looked like before.
Last time I applied was 2018.

AR1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AR1991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi Natcam,

No. I am a Portuguese citizen. It looks like there has been some technical error.
However, the submission confirmation email I received clearly states that its an EEA family permit application.

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:13 pm

Ah, you applied for EU Settlement Scheme Permit then. Now I understand. That's why it looks different.
I do not know answers to your questions then.)) Somehow, I think you will be fine.)
All the best.

AR1991
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AR1991 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:34 pm

No. It's not the new settlement scheme permit. It's the old European family permit. I hope it's fine.

shid
Newly Registered
Sierra Leone

Post by shid » Sat May 25, 2019 8:59 am

if you are applying for your wife to join you in the UK, then that's the wrong application mate.
you should use the EEA Family permit gd luck

ADDEYY
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ADDEYY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:21 pm

AR1991 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:44 am
Hello everyone,

I have made an application for an EEA family permit for my non-EU wife using the gov.uk website. Under the evidence section, I am asked to tick the documents which will be submitted with the application (as below).

There are 'Mandatory documents' and 'Other documents'. I have ticked all the mandatory documents. However, for other documents, I initially ticked the first two documents (proof of EEA nationals passport and evidence proving the EEA as a qualified person).

However, the website would not allow me to proceed without ticking all the documents. Due to this error, I had to tick all documents and submit the application.

My question is: Would my Non-EU wife need to submit all these documents at the time of her appointment (other documents: bank statements, utility bills, etc. etc.)? I know that these are not even required under EU law but I am confused.

These are the only documents being submitted:
-Applicants passport (Non-EU)
-EU sponsors passport (certified copy)
-Letter from EU sponsors employer
-EU Sponsors wage slips
-Declaration letter from EU National
-Marriage certificate
-Photographs

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Thanks,
Antonio

please were you able to fix this problem as i am in sae situation