ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is an eligibility for ILR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marishres

When is an eligibility for ILR

Post by Marishres » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi All!

Posting for my friend! He entered UK in 2009 with tourist visa and successfully received limited leave to remain under 10 year settlement after numerous appeals.

The copy of decision is linked herewith.
https://imgur.com/a/DwDPT2Q

When is he eligible to apply for ILR?

Best!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: When is an eligibility for ILR

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm

Your friend should register on the forum and ask their own questions.

Their full UK immigration and all relevant dates if applications, appeals, visa start and end dates etc will be required if you/friend expect any useful advice from members.

He needs 10 years lawful residence and this is not clear from the limited information you have provided.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marishres

Post by Marishres » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks CR001 as always!

He doesn't have all the exact dates with his previous applications. He's been to couple of solicitors and given different opinions about his eligibility. One said he can submit after 10 years from date of his arrival if taken 2009 but other had told him not being eligible as his clock starts for 10 years from his approval under artilcle 8.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Without the full history and dates, it is unlikely anyone on the forum can give advice etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marishres

Post by Marishres » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:45 pm

He doesn't know all the detailed events and have asked him to apply for SAR from home office if it provides all the details. Will get back once he's got it.