ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Secondment query

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ben142007
Newly Registered

ILR Secondment query

Post by ben142007 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:05 am

I have been living and working in the UK under HSMP for a little over 3 years. I have taken couple of holiday breaks(outside of uk) of 30 days each over this three year period.

Now, I will have to travel to a client place in Dubai for work over the next few months during which time I will continue to be paid and employed in the UK.
The travel will involve multiple visits to Dubai - flying back and forth between UK and dubai over the next few months.

How will this effect my ILR application? For how long can one stay away (continuously / discontinuously) from the country and still apply for ILR at the end of 5 years on HSMP?

I really appreciate any information on this; you could may be point be to links on the internet or share from personal experience.

Thanks in advance.
Ben

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:22 am

Ben,
exact numbers of days have been discussed in the forum in the past (please search).
In general, as long as you maintain residence, get paid in the UK and pay taxes, you should have no problems as long as the trips abroad are supported by documents from your employer and are not excesive....Try to get letters from your employer describing the nature of the trips, for example, every six months ask your employer for a letter explaining that the trips during those six months were work related and required for your job.
In general you should not spend more than 90 days outside the UK on a single trip (try to avoid this) and also a total of 450? or something similar....exact numbers are available on the forum....
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:21 am

try-one wrote:Ben,
exact numbers of days have been discussed in the forum in the past (please search).
In general, as long as you maintain residence, get paid in the UK and pay taxes, you should have no problems as long as the trips abroad are supported by documents from your employer and are not excesive....Try to get letters from your employer describing the nature of the trips, for example, every six months ask your employer for a letter explaining that the trips during those six months were work related and required for your job.
In general you should not spend more than 90 days outside the UK on a single trip (try to avoid this) and also a total of 450? or something similar....exact numbers are available on the forum....
No its 180 for ILR and 450 for naturalization