ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Property inspection report needed for spouse visa extension?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Suni2610
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Property inspection report needed for spouse visa extension?

Post by Suni2610 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi

We will be applying for my husbands extension soon and after reading through the forum an inspection is not needed if you are living with family. We are currently living with my parents where I am a co-owner, our 2 sons who are 3 and 19months and when we originally applied we did get one done and also my parents wrote a letter and signed it. Will that be sufficient with the deeds or should we get a inspection?
Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Property inspection report needed for spouse visa extension?

Post by seagul » Wed May 01, 2019 9:16 pm

Suni2610 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:13 pm
Hi

We will be applying for my husbands extension soon and after reading through the forum an inspection is not needed if you are living with family. We are currently living with my parents where I am a co-owner, our 2 sons who are 3 and 19months and when we originally applied we did get one done and also my parents wrote a letter and signed it. Will that be sufficient with the deeds or should we get a inspection?
Many thanks
No harm in doing property inspection.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm

There are mixed opinions if a property report is required when living with family members, or which family members.

For my FLR(M) extension this year we obtained a new property inspection report from the Council for £60, we just didn’t want to risk a refusal for the sake of getting a new report.

We had a report for the initial entry visa 2.5 years ago but felt that was not recent enough to include for the FLR(M).

I live with my husband, his brother/wife/daughter.

Suni2610
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Suni2610 » Wed May 01, 2019 9:35 pm

Hi
Yeah I think it's best to get a inspection again. Thanks for the replies

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed May 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Usually property inspection report is needed when someone is sharing the property with none-related adults. But in my opinion even you are living with related adults but if you will be 4/5/6 or so then to prove that there is really not overcrowding there then best would be to attach property inspection report.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zadkiel
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Zadkiel » Wed May 01, 2019 11:33 pm

According to my lawyer, the inspection report is specifically for situations of overcrowding, where there may be a suspicion that 1 more person living at the property is too many.

So you will need the property inspection only if the number of bedrooms/number of other rooms/number of occupants numbers indicates a potential overcrowding situation.