ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general extend

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saravanadeepan
India

Tier 2 general extend

Post by saravanadeepan » Fri May 03, 2019 10:35 am

Hi All

Please help me advise on this scenario

I am on a tier 2 general visa for 2 years, if it is about to end in another 3 months, I would need to extend my visa for another 3 years.
1. I hope the employer need to provide cos. Does the cos need to be restricted or unrestricted?
2. if I am continuing with same employer under same soc, I hope no need to conduct RLMT hence unrestricted cos can be issued.is it correct?
3.If I change employer under same soc category- does they need to conduct RLMT and apply as a new tier 2 application rather than extending. Hence restricted cos.
4. What is the scenario if I change job under different soc?
5. During extension or applying new, do I need to submit Naric or English eligibility test again?

Many thanks In advance for you kind suggestions!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 general extend

Post by CR001 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:52 am

I am on a tier 2 general visa for 2 years, if it is about to end in another 3 months,
How so when you posted late last year about RLMT and RCoS and switching from Tier 2 dependent to Tier 2 General??

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/rcos ... l#p1716303

1. UCoS.

2. Correct.

3. Yes, then RLMT is required and still a UCoS for changing employers WITHIN the UK. RCoS is for applications OUTSIDE the UK.

4. Same, RLMT and UCoS.

5. You need to submit what the form asks for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saravanadeepan
India

Post by saravanadeepan » Fri May 03, 2019 3:49 pm

Thank you for your reply :)

Yes, you are right.I got the tier 2 visa on January. The reason why I asked here is we are recruiting someone who holds tier2 so I am the first one in my company who got sponsorship. I was helping in ways of getting correct information if we want to hire a new employee who got tier 2 already.Many thanks for the help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 03, 2019 4:00 pm

Please state clearly if you are asking for someone else. The sponsor should also contact the helpdesk if they need advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saravanadeepan
India

Post by saravanadeepan » Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 am

sure !! I thought it might be useful for me also to have knowledge on the process.
Thanks