ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa with Ex Spouse While Traveling with New Spouse

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gstarry
Newly Registered
Argentina

Visa with Ex Spouse While Traveling with New Spouse

Post by Gstarry » Fri May 03, 2019 11:26 am

Hey Guys,
Without posting anything, I usually find answers to queries on this forum but I have a rather different type of query that has been bugging me lately.

Firstly I am on EEA spouse visa from previous spouse, we got divorced Mid last year and I remarried in November 2019 to my new EEA spouse.

Me and my current spouse will be making my new application for a new EEA Visa this October 2019, we would have done it by now but owing to her recent change to self-employment, we have decided to give it a but more time as she is currently focused on building her clients and portfolios, obviously it will be a credit to us during the new application.

However, we intend to travel to Germany in August for 2 weeks so we can spend time with my brother in-law that is expecting his first child as well as the rest of the family.

My point is that, in the past I traveled with my ex wife but on this trip. I intend to apply the Schengen visa even while travelling with my new spouse. However, I will be on the Visa from my ex wife at point of exit and entry, is this likely to be an issue at exit an entry or I am just over thinking the issue?

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Visa with Ex Spouse While Traveling with New Spouse

Post by askmeplz82 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:14 pm

yes immigration officer will still ask you you where your EEA family member is you can tell them you are divorced

Please take your payslip with you /divorce copy
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm

You should have notified the Home Office of change of circumstancies.
Why not apply for pre-settled status now? You can do it together with your new spouse.

Gstarry
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by Gstarry » Fri May 03, 2019 9:35 pm

NatCam wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 4:27 pm
You should have notified the Home Office of change of circumstancies.
Why not apply for pre-settled status now? You can do it together with your new spouse.
please could you clarify how Pre-settled status applies to me, note that I am the none EEA national. I have lived in the UK a little over 7 years.

My initial thought was that Pre-Settled Status was for EU citizens while the UK is Exiting the EU but are you implying that, when my current Spouse makes her application for EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) that I can also apply with her as the Husband and subsequently apply for my EEA application come October?

Please, did I get that right?

NatCam
Georgia

Post by NatCam » Sat May 04, 2019 6:16 am

Yes, certainly.