ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Annual Stupid Award goes to.........ME!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Annual Stupid Award goes to.........ME!

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 am

I have just submitted a Premium Service SET (M) application, the contents of which I checked and double checked. However, the email address I registered with is incorrect (I put gamil instead of gmail in the address). Therefore I have not and cannot receive an email confirmation of the application and worse still I cannot request a code to allow me to book the appointment. STUPID I KNOW!

I have emailed applyonlinee-support@homeoffice.gov.uk and I await a response.

Is there anything else I can do?

I have tried calling UKVCAS and I am continually told there is no one available to assist and to call back after which the phone goes dead.

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Annual Stupid Award goes to.........ME!

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 11:52 am

Just got through to UKVCAS and they are changing the email at their end!

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm

Further update from the HO:

Thank you for your email correspondence of 25 April.

If you have entered the wrong email address any confirmation emails or links would have already been sent when you applied. We are unable to re issue any emails or links.

Please note that email addresses cannot be amended as our technical support team is unable to assist applicants using the incorrect email address for security and authentication purposes.

You may wish to start a new application and submit again. Your previous application will be voided by your case worker and they will advise you regarding any refund due to you.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

that’s ridiculous.
Are they fixing it or not?
The email is a reply to ur email whereas when you spoke on the phone today they said they’d fix it.
Do you have the funds to reapply?

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Well I have a credit card which has space on it. So the Home Office email response says re-apply. UKCVAS say they will change the email at their end but will call me back when they have done that such that I can book the appointment. I await their call back (I will chase this afternoon).

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 03, 2019 2:47 pm

I suggest do not bother. Wait to get your decision through post
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Fri May 03, 2019 3:17 pm

Do you need the code for ur biometric appointment?

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 3:49 pm

When I spoke to someone at UKVCAS and explained the problem, I asked if I could book an appointment regardless and he said 'no' as they would need to get the email address issue resolved first so that the result of the application could be correctly directed.

I have called 3 times further this afternoon to get an update only to go into a queue listening to music and to then be told in an automated message that there's not one available (all at £2.50/min). So I remain in the dark.

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 3:50 pm

To answer your question, you can either call them to make an appointment or request a code, but the code is automatically sent to your email address.

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Fri May 03, 2019 3:58 pm

Does anyone know the Sopra Steria UKVCAS non premium number they suggest is included in their booking confirmation email (which I cannot receive)?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri May 03, 2019 5:10 pm

I dont really remember but I recall that we could get the code on our mobile number also? I do remember it is sent to the email address but slightly recall it being sent to the mobile number also?

Did you just filled the application and submitted in one go?

Did you not “return to application” so you can edit it later and that link could have been sent to your email?

I think you just filled and submitted all in one go?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Sat May 04, 2019 9:44 am

This is sad error. Can you press UKVAC, the email from HO is not good at all as they said the case worker might void the application. Try and follow up with UKVAC
Bizman

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 am

Success! Having called UKVCAS multiple times on Friday without getting through (racking up a £30 telephone bill), I called first thing this morning and got straight through to someone with some common sense. He listened to my sad story and changed the email address there and then and also booked the biometric appointment too. Premium appointment (8am) this coming Friday.

The relief Is tangible!

To tier11417, yes I created the account and submitted all in one sitting. As you are suggesting, if I had done it in steps I would have realised sooner that I had got it wrong.

Thanks everyone!!!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 07, 2019 10:43 am

itsamishmash wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 10:23 am
Success! Having called UKVCAS multiple times on Friday without getting through (racking up a £30 telephone bill), I called first thing this morning and got straight through to someone with some common sense. He listened to my sad story and changed the email address there and then and also booked the biometric appointment too. Premium appointment (8am) this coming Friday.

The relief Is tangible!

To tier11417, yes I created the account and submitted all in one sitting. As you are suggesting, if I had done it in steps I would have realised sooner that I had got it wrong.

Thanks everyone!!!
Thats impressive you submitted all in one go ;)
Congrats its sorted now. Goodluck!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Tue May 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Good to know. All the best.
Bizman

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm

So, we went to Croydon last Friday for an 8am appointment and submitted the documentation and had the biometrics done.

Having paid for the premium service should I have now have heard from them to say there is further investigation to do or that the visa is granted and expect to receive the Bio card in the post?

I have not received anything as yet, should I be more patient?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 14, 2019 1:34 pm

itsamishmash wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 pm
So, we went to Croydon last Friday for an 8am appointment and submitted the documentation and had the biometrics done.

Having paid for the premium service should I have now have heard from them to say there is further investigation to do or that the visa is granted and expect to receive the Bio card in the post?

I have not received anything as yet, should I be more patient?
As of other members who reported, many waited days or weeks as 24 hour service is not a guarantee. Not much you can do other than just be patient. Once you get the decision you can consider pushing in for a refund for the super priority service.

sheraz78
Pakistan

Post by sheraz78 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm

we submitted the application on 22 April and appear for biometric on 27/04/2019 paying £200 exta for 2 applicants for ILR based upon PBS Dependent with so called super premium service.

Still no reply received. we contacted UKVI and a standard email received after 3 days thay they will refund the super premium fee where possible

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Tue May 14, 2019 2:52 pm

sheraz78 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:23 pm
we submitted the application on 22 April and appear for biometric on 27/04/2019 paying £200 exta for 2 applicants for ILR based upon PBS Dependent with so called super premium service.

Still no reply received. we contacted UKVI and a standard email received after 3 days thay they will refund the super premium fee where possible
Can you please provide the email address for UKVI? I will drop a line tomorrow.

itsamishmash
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by itsamishmash » Wed May 15, 2019 9:04 am

Submitted application online 3rd May
Appointment at Croydon for document submission and biometrics 10th May
ILR granted 14th May and Biometric card arrived 14th May.

That's me done. Thank you all.

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by bizman » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 am

Congrats
Bizman