ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Really Confused!!! EEA4 Form Sent Do I Still need A COA?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

walesky28
Newly Registered

Really Confused!!! EEA4 Form Sent Do I Still need A COA?

Post by walesky28 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Please can anybody help with advice.

I am a Non-EEA national and I was married to an EEA national for just over 3 years (From September 2004 to be exact) and unfortunately the relationship irretrivably broke down and we got a decree nisi after 3 years and 5 months of marriage (February 2008 to be exact).

I have since applied for a right to retain residence using the EEA form referencing Regulation 10(5), Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations of 30th April 2006 as i qualify under the 3 year marriage, one resident in the UK rule. and i'm self sufficient, have my own business and have resided here in the UK since 2004 (2 and a half years together as a married couple).

My EEA family stamp in my passport is due till February 2010.

I have recently met someone from the UK and this looks like a serious relationship that could be long term. I am still awaiting the outcome of the retention application, however assuming i retain the right of residence, if i want to marry someone from the UK afterwards- say next year, will the retention of EEA residence exempt me from applying for a Cetificate of Approval to marry in the UK- or do i still need to apply for it?

Sorry about the long winded question but as i am in an unusual situation, i have not been able to find any answers anywhere.

Thanks in advance for all your help/responses.

jude

Re: Really Confused!!! EEA4 Form Sent Do I Still need A COA?

Post by jude » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Wow Bro ,
I Have the same case like you but mine may be worst than yours , anyway have you sent ur application to the HO? What document did you sent to them? Did you sent any proff that your EEA wife was working during the time of marraige ? Can you please give me as much information as you can coz i'm about of getting devorce as well . I got married 2005 , got 5 year stamp but since then I was the only one working because she wanted to finish her study in her country and now she is now study over here and she want devorce man , I have married for more than 3 year , and have all the proff that we had lived for 1 year but my question is do I need to sent proff that she was working ? need ugent reply.
hallo